Shooting through walls cheese

Asian_Eeyeez

I recently found this out and it has helped me SO MUCH xD
Especially with those Ark Spiders that blow up -_-
But if you're a Mage/Archer you can shoot through the walls, you cant be directly behind a wall, you gotta be a few feet back, but that allows your attacks to penetrate the Walls and go into the next room as you see in the picture xD

Mod Note: Deleted unnecessary screen shot.

VDX_360

Staff member
Known issue. It's so well known it's not really an exploit, so much as an obvious issue with projectile collisions.

Slayyerlol

It can be both good and bad though. The same thing happens when enemies shoot at you. It sucks when Ashen Oracles or Steel Wizards are out to get you, especially when you're a new player.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I'm fine with this strategy with mages because it's magic, but shooting arrows through walls doesn't make sense. You shouldn't do it. Unless your arrows are magical of course. Like "Arrows of Wall Passing +2" or something. But normal arrows? You can't shoot that through walls!!! Unless you have a Strength score of 12, then I guess your arrows could pierce walls...

The real danger in exploiting nonsensical game flaws is that there's always a risk your character might notice it... Remember the black cat in The Matrix? Yeah, that's how it all starts. Once your character realises there's a bug in their reality, they'll start to question everything, even their own free will! And what if they discover that YOU've been controlling them all along? What if they discover they're just living in a simulation, and that nothing's real? That's how rebellions start. Just saying. You've been warned.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Self-awareness is a real thing for NPCs. See "Existential Troopers" for more information.

Mod Note: Video links removed.