Shield socket

Nobane

Shields adds armour, life, but also some resistances. 2h loose this. Maybe you can add a new ittem (a brazelet?) for this socket.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Problem with this is, as I see it:

With 2hand, you deal more damage, so you kill enemy faster.

You choose do you want to kill enemy faster, or live longer. It is good balance, to have choice. If you could kill enemy faster and live longer at the same time, why would you use shields at all?

Nobane

This new item will not add armour or life, only resistance. With a shield you will still live longer. And only with a shield will work shield related abilities (normaly giving you even more armour)

Or the new item can give other magical benefits.

If there were no magical shields i wouldn´t say nothing, but 2h now are loosing this magical benefit socket.

Skater_Sirian

Nobane":259lcwue said:
This new item will not add armour or life, only resistance. With a shield you will still live longer. And only with a shield will work shield related abilities (normaly giving you even more armour)

Or the new item can give other magical benefits.

If there were no magical shields i wouldn´t say nothing, but 2h now are loosing this magical benefit socket.

Losing that slot is the price of going 2H. It's a balance thing.

2H weapons deal almost twice as much damage as 1H and Light weapons. They also get more bonuses from traits.

I went 2H with my warrior. I only ever switch to sword/shield when I need to use that Hero Shield (the one that boosts gossiping skills).