Shady Traveler question

Atlas1095

I didn’t see this discussed on the wiki page for the shady traveler: Does he stop appearing after a certain point (character level or quest achieved)? I keep running around trying to encounter him so I can stock up on greater healing potions at a 20% discount. But I haven’t seen him in any of the usual spots in many hours of game play. Thanks for any tips!

VDX_360

Staff member
He seems to appear less at around Level 14, but I don't know if that's just RNG randomness or the other random encounters compete with his chance to appear.

But he can appear anytime. Remember he has a slight chance of stabbing you after a certain point in the game.

Molokot

Merchats in free city library have cheap potions, just you need to give ring to spice trader not to the woman in New garand.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The cheap discount (-15%) from Trader Otarab is nice and all, but his really impressive/cheaty function is to massively stack Potions of Mana before getting access to Icemist.

Atlas1095

I’ve always given the books to the Loreseekers. I suppose I should try giving things to the Golden Hand and see what happens! But they strike me as the bad guys!

VDX_360

Staff member
You only need to give the Golden Hand one item - - either one of the books, or the Amulet. Once you do that, you gain positive rep and can enter, even your rep turns negative later.

Players often give the Golden Hand the first book they find, than turn in the Amulet to the spice trader. That helps with a few quests (both through reputation increase and quest options).

Alternatively, you can just give the Hand the Amulet, gain access to the library and than give the books to whomever you want.

It's possible to give the Amulet and books in a manner that keeps you on positive reputation with both the Golden Hand and the Loreseekers but it's such a low value it really doesn't help access anything. Better to chose one or the other.

Xen

Loreseeker
Merchats in free city library have cheap potions, just you need to give ring to spice trader not to the woman in New garand.
They're both Spice Trader actually, but Jethro is a member of Golden Hand which can grant access to library for good potion deals and highest loot selling value