Sewer of Horrors access to next area after quest completed (spoiler alert) (false alarm)

kwill

Loreseeker
I have already completed the Sewer of Horrors quest. On my second visit, after throwing all four < switches, the gate in the poison golem area that warps you to the stairs down does not open up. The only difference from my first visit I can think of is that I switched the one in the devourer area last this time because I forgot about it.

Maybe they have to go in a certain order, but just in case that's not so, I thought I should post here.

EDIT: For anyone else searching on this topic--short answer is there are 5 levers, not 4.

Arckien

Re: Sewer of Horrors access to next area after quest completed (spoiler alert)

kwill":3sd9qp0g said:
I have already completed the Sewer of Horrors quest. On my second visit, after throwing all four < switches, the gate in the poison golem area that warps you to the stairs down does not open up. The only difference from my first visit I can think of is that I switched the one in the devourer area last this time because I forgot about it.

Maybe they have to go in a certain order, but just in case that's not so, I thought I should post here.

I'm with the same doubt and I have not gone back to the sewers so

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

kwill":2s1rmv54 said:

You're missing one lever, there's five.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker

kwill":2k0f3cc1 said:
the gate in the poison golem area that warps you to the stairs down does not open up.

If I recall correctly
1 we use 4 levers in Sewer to gain access to poison area
2 in the poison area we use 3 levers to open the gate of the teleporter
3 we teleport to southeast corner of the Sewers where we can:
- pull one last lever that activates the last bridge (used just to go back)
- use ladders to reach Icemist Underlevels

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

No, there's two levers that open a specific bridge each, and then five levers that open the grate. Three are in the poison area, two in the vermin area. This does not include the lever close to the staircase to underlevels.

kwill

Loreseeker

DavidBVal":1jmlpk0i said:
No, there's two levers that open a specific bridge each, and then five levers that open the grate. Three are in the poison area, two in the vermin area. This does not include the lever close to the staircase to underlevels.
Thanks! I guess my adrenaline was pumping so hard the first time through I forgot I hit another lever someplace else! :shock:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

kwill":3b1kbskz said:
DavidBVal":3b1kbskz said:
Thanks! I guess my adrenaline was pumping so hard the first time through I forgot I hit another lever someplace else! :shock:

Good, that was the effect I intended to cause :)