Secrets of the Dead: Backed into a corner?

Peighter

Hello people,
I have an issue with the quest Secrets of the Dead. I have found three of the four books required to complete the quest, however the fourth one is the one hidden in the Gray Library, which I can't access because my reputation with the Golden Hand is not high enough. Now, it is important to say that on the three books I found I gave two of them to the Gray Library and one to the Loreseekers in New Garand to try and balance my reputation with both groups. Also, I know that I can still access the Library by killing the Conjurer, but this would make my reputation with the Golden Hand drop by 40 points. So I guess my question is: Is there any other way to access the Library or increase my reputation with the Golden Hand?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

VDX_360

Staff member
Choices have consequences.... sometimes annoying consequences.

There are three ways to enter the Grey Library:
1) Give their spice merchant the lost amulet from Spicing Things Up.
2) Give them one of the lost books.
3) Blood bath.

If you have forced yourself into the position of forcing a blood bath, don't worry, there's not much of an issue for taking that route. Plenty of players do it for simplicity or role-play.

The Golden Hand and Friguld are places most players might end up with negative reputation.

So my best advice:

Beat the crap out of those Golden Hand idiots. Taking over a public library? Not even the Witches of Orogg would stoop that low.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clairty, you're not "soft locked" you're just backed into a corner.

Making a slight edit to the title of this thread to better reflect that detail.

Peighter

Well thank you for your advice. I guess I will have to kill the Conjurer then...

VDX_360

Staff member
The Iron Golems get in on the fight so be prepared for what could be at tough fight.