Secret Doors blocked in St. Admus

Shaymer

Trying to get through the secret door (#6) on the left side of St Admus. Just can't trigger it. Is there an awareness check I'm missing? Something else? Thanks

Love the game. Appreciate your time.
Shaymer

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, that's the secret door down to the Hellish Cave.
What's your "find secrets" rate? Companions? It's a higher level secret door so it might be harder to locate. You can always uses Scrolls of Detection or secret finding equipment (through traits etc).

Also:
Since the game does a secret check every few seconds, you can just wait by the door till you get a lucky roll. It could take awhile depending on your level and secret finding rate.

Isiliax

VDX_360":2cehki68 said:
For clarity, that's the secret door down to the Hellish Cave.
What's your "find secrets" rate? Companions? It's a higher level secret door so it might be harder to locate. You can always uses Scrolls of Detection or secret finding equipment (through traits etc).

Also:
Since the game does a secret check every few seconds, you can just wait by the door till you get a lucky roll. It could take awhile depending on your level and secret finding rate.

I tried this once on the next secret door inside Hellish Cave. Around 5 minutes of waiting on hot lava... and not the door didn't appear, while I had 30% of revealing them :D

VDX_360

Staff member
Yep, some of the higher level secret doors practically require using a Detect Secrets scroll or a higher level of finding secrets. It's one time the pure physical builds get edged out by secret finding builds (high mental traits, equipment etc).
I try to have my 2-H Warrior builds include trap finding abilities which carries over to finding secret doors.

Good secrets shouldn't be easy to find :)

VDX_360

Staff member
Isiliax":1f750zmf said:
...Around 5 minutes of waiting on hot lava...
Tried to justify that tactic in role-play. :)
"Hey, Companion, we're going to stand around in flames"
"Um... why?" asked the increasing frantic Companion."
"I had a psychic vision there might be a secret door here someone"

The things we put our Companions through....

Isiliax

VDX_360":35069lu7 said:
Isiliax":35069lu7 said:
...Around 5 minutes of waiting on hot lava...
Tried to justify that tactic in role-play. :)
"Hey, Companion, we're going to stand around in flames"
"Um... why?" asked the increasing frantic Companion."
"I had a psychic vision there might be a secret door here someone"

The things we put our Companions through....

It was clearly like that, while she was spamming her heal to keep as both there alive, so I suppose I was pretty convincing :D
I've done with Hirge so strange things already, that I am quiet surprised she didn't left me yet. Maybe they will get some free will stuff soon and I will have to start caring about her :D