Scrolls off wisdom

Martinbelfast

Don't know were to put this so expecting it to be moved.
But lesser scrolls off wisdom are I think to easy to get.
With the new rings and necklace and scrolls I think it's making the game to easy to lvl up.
The lesser scrolls I have around 50 of them .
I used one and went killing and got 7 more back and in less then an hr of real time I got 27 tonight.
And I wasn't really trying to get them.
I have a few of the other ones which are locked away
But the lesser are far to easy to get.

RPGuru#32

Have to disagree on this one as gaining levels after level 19 takes enormous amounts of grinding and the amount of exp gained per kill is pretty small. Even if players were to get 100 exp per kill after the wisdom bonus, that is still 2500 kills of the largest monsters in the game. You break that down to dungeon crawling, where you may have 15 mobs per run, thats still well over 100 trips through a dungeon getting exp.
The way i tend to play is to just keep running around the map hitting all the dungeons again and trying new tactics looking for new loads or typos or bugs. If i were to just start from the beginning and play i would like to be able to have exp bonuses. It gives a use for lesser used, up till now traits, and so adds more interesting use of the altar. Plus you only need to give a donation to the altar to get an additional weekly bonus, that is in my opinion much more valuable as the duration and frequency is a lot more consistent, you could find 10 scrolls in an hour then not find any for a game week or longer. The effects do not stack, and one duration cancels the other so the amount and the time of the boost will not get out of control. With the mage class coming in the future, it gives another nice bonus to exp for those who will be playing, in most rpg games, the physically and health wise the weakest class in the beginning.

Haplo

In regards to the exp scroll, it says it lasts 2 days, is that two in game days or two in real life days? And when one is used I didn't see a way to verify the additional exp, perhaps it's there and I missed it, but it would be useful to know exactly how much longer you had until it ran out.

ShadowJack

Personally I do not like the Scrolls or any of the XP bonus items.
My reasons are simple.
I run a 20th lvl rogue and I am so dreading maxing out at 25th lvl that I am starting to look for a new game to play.
Don't get me wrong.
I love this game but I hate repetition !
Doing the same dungeon more than once let alone having to do the same damn dungeon 30 to 50 times to find that last piece of treasure is just something I just cant take more of.
I know a lot of you enjoy making new characters etc.
I hate the idea of starting all over again for any of the more popular reasons its just not for me.
Tack on the fact that If I ever did start over again I would have to do those same dungeons 30 to 50 more times for another character is just not for me.As it is I have already cleared all of the new content( I actually finished all the new content in less than 24 hours) and am spending more time looking for a new game rather than mindlessly re enter another dungeon .
The way I see it I might actually get more fun out of playing a new game where everything is brand new as opposed to hoping and praying I might actually find what I am looking for with less than a 5%chance of that actually happening.
I have been playing this game for over 155 hours and have completed every quest and found all but a one or two items(yes the LEGGINGS are one of the items I am missing) unfortunately I cant think of anything else to do that would be fun for now so I will patiently wait for the next update and hope you will not fix anything else that isn't broken.

vondarkmoore

Maybe I am getting to old.

This game, even with the grinding does not take long to lvl. I guess people have become so accustomed to the pay to win and instant gratification of today's games that they have forgotten or never knew about the older games that took real work. Rpg of the past could take 100+ real life hours of grinding to gain 1 lvl, and those games could have lvls reaching 60+. Also remember this game is in beta. Therefore as newer players discover the game there will be more and more content for them to play befor they hit the current soft cap of game material.

People loose interest in games and move on, this is a fact with any game, but new players also join the games, wich keeps them going for years.

Keep up the good work David!! You have made a great game for all of us and it will only get better with time. Thank you for putting so much work into it.

Haplo

Ur not getting too old, this is exactly they type of rpg that is worth playing. Before playing this I was playing a pay to win game, and got sick of it. I'll most likely be playing this for quite some time. My only issue is I can't play it on break at work, I sit outside on break and even with my phone brightness all the way up, I can't hardly see the screen. So I just play at home when I'm not playing my Nintendo or N64 or sega.