Save game is a lie lol

mizzador

Ok what's up with this bogus game save?
I half clear an area and save game...I die so reload my save game which was at half cleared point. and by some miraculous phenomenon all the enemies are respawned at my save point which was half cleared. doesnt that defeat the purpose of SAVING the game which in my experience you do so that if you die you can restart at your saved progress? I have to do the whole area again even though I saved it nearly cleared before dying?
that's proposterous! lol
Especially when I almost cleared blue rock castle used 10 potions. walk outside save...go back in fight the king end up dying so I load what should be my saved game only to find the whole castle full of enemies again and I've wasted all potions. argh. come on enemies can't magically respawn overwriting your save point seriously...lol loading your save point should load it with the exact progress you were at when you saved and all enemies killed thus far should still be dead not come alive wth?

Board Troll

It's on purpose that saving outside a dungeon regardless of progress within the dungeon resets the dungeon upon reload.

Seeing posts like this make me happy.

Working as intended!

LOL

Sharkyinthe UK

As my good colleague Mr Troll says.......

This is how the game is intended. If you want to save in dungeon progress, play on casual !

This is why this game has so much replayability !

Currently 3 classes (will be 4) each with at least 2 viable builds, and 4 levels of play, that gives at least 32 viable play throughs !

RPGuru#32

Ahh but you dont lose exp or awesome loot when you load a saved game. Save and back-up often.
It all gets easier with better gear, skills and more hp.

mizzador

Actually that's not correct. because I saved half way through dungeon after walking outside and went back in everything was fine. it wasn't until after using all pots and going outside a second time to save that everything reset. so if it is designed that way then it should of reset the first time. it seems to me the timer to reset keeps going persisting through a save point. and I don't see it as repayability it's more as a retry cos you died lol.
my only gripe is I saved first time it was ok so I saved it again after I used 10k of pots. and ended up with no loot no completion and no pots...had to revert back to old auto save

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
David would explain this better, but saved games doesn't function by saving whole world as you see it. At least I think that this is so.

There's some things that get saved and some things that don't.

After 9 minutes (real time) monsters respawn. This is 12 hours in game time. That's why after you load game for second time you see all monsters back.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The only difficulty level intended to allow you to save while in mid-progress of a dungeon is Casual. Walking out and saving is not part of the challenge design for the other difficulties, so you might find the mechanics of respawning and reloading don't work in your favor, or provide the tactical advantage you expected.

Why saving works like this? That explanation is a bit long. Short version would be, game was originally designed as a "roguelike" with almost no saving option, so the options added later still have some limitations. Also, the world complexity is huge. Potentially you could run through 60 maps, each with different spawns, containers, traps, plants, secrets, levers, variables, dialogues... saving the whole world on a platform like android is problematic.