Sargos makes no sense.

So you're saying a crazy man that lost his sanity was stronger than an alien that got superhuman abilities?

I wonder if late game warriors can win a brawl with Sargos.

VDX_360

Staff member
Huh???

Are you talking about starting a fight with Sargos in New Garand? Yeah, that's a tough fight. Not impossible, but very unlikely when you first meet him. The game design is for you to agree to meet him elsewhere. The combat option just teaches some humility.

Beating Sargos in the arena is a routine part of the game.

Side-stepping the alien-centric nature of your comment, did you ever stop to wonder if Sargos himself is alien, or part alien? There are lots of aliens running around. Some are known wizards and sages, some are known criminals. It's well within the game lore to speculate that Sargos and other seemingly superhuman figures are in fact superhuman.

VDX_360

Staff member
Let's not forget that New Garand Sargos has a little something extra pulling his strings.....

So you are saying that M'uudari aren't the only aliens in Varranar?

A greater threat into Varranar? Maybe because he was a war veteran. Nope, not an excuse to one hit people with barehands. Upcoming Archaelund threat leaked??? JK.

VDX_360

Staff member
While not intended to part of my response, I guess we have to concede that if the world has one group of aliens, than it could have another group of aliens. And there's enough vagueness around the ancient sleepers (in the ancient temple) that one could speculate a wide range of things.

There's nothing in-game that says there's another group of space invaders, but there's nothing in-game that says there isn't either.

David The Developer has long supported the idea of keeping some things in the game a little more open to player interpretation. It's good world building, allows for a wider range of ideas, and also makes it easier to dove tail things in later.