Rumor Bosses Won't Spawn Anymore

ajp

I've completed every quest besides Shards of Fate and I can't seem to get the rumor bosses to spawn anymore. I've got the two new shards from The Prodigal Daughter and the Demon underneath the Abbey. I still need five more to complete the quest. I've done a bunch of town hall quests as was suggested in another thread and still can't seem to get the rumor bosses to spawn anymore. Gossip comes up blank in every inn, in every town, even if I wait multiple days. Before I got the demon shard they were popping up practically every time I was at an inn. Any insight as to what I could be doing wrong?

Merkava

if it makes you feel any better, I've capped Nivarian rep off town hall quests and only got like... 2 boss rumors (neither dropped shards). we're both in the 5 shards remaining category, lol.

wish boss rumors for shards were guaranteed after a certain number of in-game days or something - I wouldn't even care if they only exclusively dropped shards without any other loot; it is just tedious to progress such an integral section of the game's content using the current system given its RNG nature, and tbh I've personally not played the game in days because of it.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Oh yes, it took me two days in Real Time to complete this quest! Also only a few of the Bosses dropped a shard, you often have to travel threw the map for nearly nothing (drops are nice but after 5th time getting the same it gets boring)

But the worst is, after getting all the shades you feel kind of stupid because then you really have nothing left to do :|

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
All of this will be eventually tweaked. More variety of drops, and a cumulative chance of spawn.

I had a hard gruel for the last two shards. My tactic was rest/gossip repeat. Preferably in New garand or freetown (as there are two inns in each capital) making sure either my char or companion -whoever had the highest PER/AWA was equipped with gossip increased items. I think I must have spent over 8K on gold but approx an hour in real time. At least its going to be tweaked ☺.

life tiger

The Lichemaster":z67iswz4 said:
I had a hard gruel for the last two shards. My tactic was rest/gossip repeat. Preferably in New garand or freetown (as there are two inns in each capital) making sure either my char or companion -whoever had the highest PER/AWA was equipped with gossip increased items. I think I must have spent over 8K on gold but approx an hour in real time. At least its going to be tweaked ☺.

After I gave up runing all over the world to get drunk I did the same thing...
Around the world in 80 drunken days

ajp

Cool, I've been trying to get the legion leggings by raiding the Mercian Crypt a bunch. Got a low level Skeleton Lord to rumor spawn finally but nothing since. I guess I'll keep grinding in the meantime.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The Lichemaster":12gpputq said:
My tactic was rest/gossip repeat. Preferably in New garand or freetown (as there are two inns in each capital) making sure either my char or companion -whoever had the highest PER/AWA was equipped with gossip increased items. I think I must have spent over 8K on gold but approx an hour in real time. At least its going to be tweaked ☺.

What happens here is, the chances of bosses respawning depends on real time you spend playing the game. You had the same chance of a boss spawning than anyone else playing the game for an hour. which is about 36% per hour. If you play for a few hours, it's very likely that a boss will spawn somewhere. Bosses are not supposed to be farmable/grindable. It's something that just happens when you play.

I am aware this is an issue when you need 7 shards, so I might increase spawn chance, and add extra locations for fixed shards in new areas. but spending an hour at the inn will never make dragons pop in the mountains.

Anomandaris

DavidBVal":n938qrc1 said:
I am aware this is an issue when you need 7 shards, so I might increase spawn chance, and add extra locations for fixed shards in new areas. but spending an hour at the inn will never make dragons pop in the mountains.
Might I suggest making the shard spawn first, then randomly generate a monster to possess it? The gossip in the inn could indicate that there is something different about this monster compared to others of its kind as a hint. I think the frustration lies in the compounding of the two probabilities - it sucks to FINALLY get a dragon or lich to spawn (supposedly 50% shard drop rate?) then have a few in a row not drop one. I think it would be a good idea to remove the compounding from the situation.

Shantidevatoo

I've made it to shards of fate 800 in game days have 10 shards 2 remaining eep gate open after 1 year in game from beginning of shards of fate quest .