Ruby keys

Spajkus

I get rubin key number 6 in golden cove, instead in mercian crypt, but i can't defeat trap in enter. I'm dont know where is nr 1 if that isnt in golden cove bank.

20201103122211_1.md.jpg 20201103122216_1.md.jpg

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
You got them flipped.

Ruby Key 6 is in the Mercian Royal Crypt (tucked behind a secret door at far end of the dungeon). It's not too hard to get, you just have to go to the very end, and find the secret door.

Ruby Key 1 is in the Golden Cove Bank (behind the lever control gate, lever behind The Director). Getting past the Director isn't too hard, but he can be problem at lower levels.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trap in center" ???
Are you referring to the color combo on the vault? Wiki has answer if you need help, but you can find notes in the bank that gives hints to the combination.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
In which language are you playing?

There is a known issue in the Polish translation: "Ruby key #1" is accidentially labeled "Ruby key #6" ("Rubinowy klucz nr. 6"). But technically it's still #1 and you will be able to open the red door #1 with it.

You can easily check if that's the case by temporarily switching to English language (or any other language). There it should be labeled correctly.

VDX_360

Staff member
The ambush trap as you enter the Mercian Royal Crypt?

It can be tough if you're low level, or not have death protection. Best advice: equip your best death protection, use a few potions (Giant Strength etc), and attack the evoker in the back first. Your Companion might get stuck fighting the other enemies but targeting the evoker in the back will help avoid it healing the other enemies.

Brunors95

If you can't pass the ambush trap, it's pribably because you have not enough death resistence or either you are still too weak to face them, I would recomend getting Hirge as a compaion because she will heal you, also, it's recomended that you wear weapon that does aditional damage to deads and ghosts, so it will be different for each ckass, if you have warrior try having area damage attack skills, if you have mage, the best is having either a summoned creature to fight for you or even the best, the mage shield+mage barrier, if having rogue, it will need evasion lvl 3, assassinate and stab lvl 3, if cleric, healing lvl 3 and skills that do damage to undead are awesome, so wear armor that gives death resistence, use weapons that deal spiritual damage or generally shock, cold, or fire could work on them too, also dont forget to use lots of health and mana potions to heal yourself or Hirge