• Phantom Longsword

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sonnet

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Adamantine Shortsword

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Commiades

I'm curious what weapons people choose for melee rogues when they go into the Ark. Some require making choices that have costs, particularly the Lightning Falchion, which forces the player to forgo loot, in particular two Tolassian Tomes (one in the Bank and one in the Mercian Royal Crypts).

VDX_360

Staff member
The Sonnet is useful in the Arc as Arc enemies aren't strong against spirit damage.
The Phantom Longsword is nifty but requires forgoing a quest option (Lady of the Night).

Arc enemies will be tough until you find Arc weapons so it doesn't matter too much which weapon you bring so long it's suitable. Arc weapons will outclass all the weapons against steel enemies.

Commiades

Agreed, in the past I've used the Lightning Falchion, as the defensive bonus and vicious attribute are handy. t's a big sacrifice to do so, though. I'll give Sonnet a try next. I guess the Adamantine Shortsword would get slightly larger critical damage (as none of its damage is elemental).

VDX_360

Staff member
Because Rogues get the Bloodied Scarf, the Amulet of Dark Whispers is not really useful for the class. That frees up the quest option to get the Phantom Longsword.

Commiades

The Shock damage of the Lightning Falchion is very small; it only gives an extra +1 Shock in the Ark. It's hardly worth worrying about (being Vicious is nice, though). The Phantom Longsword provides a bigger bonus, but isn't a light weapon, and that could reduce its base damage for most rogues.

Makrove

The Shock damage of the Lightning Falchion is very small; it only gives an extra +1 Shock in the Ark. It's hardly worth worrying about (being Vicious is nice, though). The Phantom Longsword provides a bigger bonus, but isn't a light weapon, and that could reduce its base damage for most rogues.
If you stabbing much swords better but if you use flurry dps with light weapons better and don't forget you can use hammers unique ones though