• We're hiring!

Junior 3D Artist wanted! We're currently looking for a junior 3D Artist with some experience in Unity, Blender and possibly other 3D tools. More info can be found here.

Rogue experience from an Ironman warrior pov

Mels

Hello people of the internet.
Being bored of not being able to safely clear ark on my 21 warrior on ironman i decided to start a rogue on hard.

Wow! I did not believe rogue could do so much damage. I got to level 13 just looping lannegar kb rhoneis town hall quests cause it was just so funny. At level 13 i did the warrior guild quest in KB got a magma shortsword and powered through troll cave to get cleaver.. at level 14 i'm farming bloodpaw cave for dagger.
The fun thing is that i have yet to learn ANY advanced skill, (as a fact i havent done any quest outside the loop area) I just have Stab 4 sneak attack 3 evasion 3. That's it. Oh and i have a grissenda. The gameplan is simple pull with bow have grissenda aggro go behind and stab. It's a oneshot for anything thats not a rumor boss :D :D
Killed first rumor boss at level 11? or 10 and it was a level 15 hill giant. Could not have done it on my warrior at that level. I was using a deathclaw at the time! grissenda lived just enough to get me 2 flank stabs.
It sucks a lot against big groups. I can not kill rumor bosses inside xialdar cave cause hobgoblins are evil. I will probably get explosive traps after assassinate precision strikes and massive criticals to see if a saboteur melee rogue can work. I can see this build doing unweakened undermother very ez.

Fun fun fun

VDX_360

Staff member
Rouges offer a very different playing experience than Warriors. Grissenda's Cleave ability can help with mobs, Hirge's healing abilities can help with the lower HP issue.

Gwaihir

Not to mention rogue playstyle is more than "chop, chop, chop" :)

You can go full melee, hidding backstabber, archer, trapper... and of course it's more than welcome to play some dirty tricks and still - it will be somehow justified :)

Mels

with my warrior even at level 20 i had to use greater healing pots against dragons to keep myself in fury range and get arpund 100+ dps, with rogue i have 28 at level 14 and i can kill dragons using a maybe 3 moderate healing on grissenda. when it comes to solo mob killing rogue is way superior but its total lack of aoe makes up for it i guess. Im keeping grissenda agi with cleave i guess not using healbot hirge this time.