ROGUE CHALLENGE: The Varannari Albino

Wrenn

I found a poison dagger in a spider. Feels like a gift from my dead brother spider. If i could create something with pelts diamonds and pearls,, how bad could it be?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I found a poison dagger in a spider. Feels like a gift from my dead brother spider. If i could create something with pelts diamonds and pearls,, how bad could it be?

Umm it is true that spiders don't usually manufacture metal weapons... And they do sometimes drop poison daggers when we split them open... Interesting. Are you suggesting those daggers might be natural venomous organs? Maybe those organs simply look like daggers!

Bring a specimen to a Loreseeker. If he doesn't contradict your hypothesis, you may use the venomous organ as a weapon! ;)

Now, about that strangely sophisticated bag of holding... What would your ancestors think? Isn't it some imperial contraption of suspicious origins? Anyway, the only way you'll be allowed into Tremadan's Tower is to specifically go hunting the Undermother!

Alright, let's make a deal with your ancestors. If you hunt and kill the Undermother WITHOUT weakening her with the Flame Prophet's charm, then you may fabricate and use the bag of holding as a reward for your valor. Your ancestors would be proud.
Post automatically merged:    

Is there anything in this Albino Varannari challenge against joining a guild?

Absolutely not! As long as you remain faithful to the Old Ways.

LostInTrenches

Dear fellow Muud'ari, welcome to the CHALLENGE thread, where you may post your challenge to the Muud'ari community or find the perfect challenge to overcome and brag about it - or die trying! Here is my rogue challenge. Boast if you succeed, or post your own challenge!

ROGUE CHALLENGE:
THE VARANNARI ALBINO

STORY: Varannari born with white skin, you've been shun by your own people like an impiri. And the impiri see you as one of their own, because of the color of your skin. You never were green enough...

This morning, you received a magical letter about an inheritance. Written in the impiri language, you know it's a mistake. So you must seek the origin of this mysterious letter and tell those impiri idiots to shove that inheritance up their pale butts!

Instead, you fall into a trap. Apparently, some impiri called the Forsaken are trying to kidnap another impiri, but caught you instead by mistake. This only proves how stupid those impiri are... So you escape and never look back.

Having survived the kidnapping, you are filled with nature's wisdom and finally discover your purpose: You swear on the land of your ancestors to reclaim your Varannari heritage and free your people from the evil Witches of Oorog!

GOAL: You must follow the "Old Ways", get to the highest reputation possible with the Varranari, defeat the Witches of Orogg and kill the final boss, the dreaded Void Lord of Mount Orogg!

RULE 1: To follow the "Old Ways", you must...
- Play a Rogue.
- Pick a cool Varannari name for your character, like Pale Skin Rabbit, Far Ted Wind, Furry Fury Bison, etc.
- Only wear simple equipment made from natural fabrics, leather, fur, hide, scales, wood, stone, bone or ivory. No metal, and no fancy contraptions like bows. (Yes you heard well: NO BOWS!)
*As an exception, you may use any equipment fabricated by the Varannari, whatever it's made of, as long as it's EXPLICITLY of Varannari origin. Don't cheat: Make your ancestors proud! (Made of bone, Goblin Flesh-Cutters will be your first authorised weapon. Until you find one, you'll need to fight with your fists!)
- Become BFFs with a wolf and a bear!!! To do so, you must learn to summon a wolf (by using scrolls) and a bear (with the Varannari skill) as soon as possible. Always carry a bunch of wolf scrolls with you, so you never feel alone. Obviously, you need to give your wolf and bear cool Varannari names, too. All other types of summons are forbidden.

RULE 2: It is strictly forbidden to enter Tremadan's Tower. This will effectively bar you from doing the game's original main quest.
*If you ever wish to hunt down the Undermother to use her Hide as armor, you'll need to trigger the Shards of Fate quest by speaking to Tremadan's illusion in his Tower. As an exception, you may enter the Tower for this purpose only. But don't trust the impiri wizard...

RULE 3: Complete all these mandatory quests: A Wild Mystery, A Web of Terror, The Cursed Abbey, Lady of the Night (Destroy Syllara's heart), Laughing Deer, Ancient Seal.

BOASTING RIGHTS: To beat this challenge and obtain boasting rights, you must follow the "Old Ways" to the letter, and defeat the final boss, the dreaded Void Lord of the Forbidden Pit of Mount Orogg! Post a screenshot of your victorious character and don't forget to tell us about your wolf and bear friends!!!

______________________________________________​
Some would take me for a madman to try and fight the void lord without a companion, let alone with only natural armor and weapons but here it is, finished the "old ways".
No real tactics aside from using wolf scrolls for the sneak attack and using evade and sprint as time to attack and heal. Not sure if using the vial of an iron guardian is cheating or not but I'm willing to do the challenge again to prove loyalty to the old ways. The fight was just running and emptying all of my healing supplies and by the end I'm just happy to hold an iron dagger.

Made in Heaven

Some would take me for a madman to try and fight the void lord without a companion, let alone with only natural armor and weapons but here it is, finished the "old ways".
No real tactics aside from using wolf scrolls for the sneak attack and using evade and sprint as time to attack and heal. Not sure if using the vial of an iron guardian is cheating or not but I'm willing to do the challenge again to prove loyalty to the old ways. The fight was just running and emptying all of my healing supplies and by the end I'm just happy to hold an iron dagger.

And me, accepted that this challenge is so hard for me that I deleted it.
Congrats.

Made in Heaven

Aye not even the hardest part, had another character named "Wild-Moon" at level 16 but my phone had a factory reset deleting all my stuff. This was the second attempt
Oof,me I got bored from killing wolves got 1500+ pelts (overall damage and perfect) 100+ bear pelts and 100+ white pelts i don't want to sell it to my clan because it is my own collection(sorry my clan pelts wonderful won't give it to u).
Oh I forgot to mention that he is lvl.17 rogue with goblin flesh gutter and assassin set.(tried to get devourer sting but getting paralyzed to death even with 44 spirit res).

Apocalypse

Loreseeker

"As the Albino Varannari Wild Moon plunged his Devourer Sting into the heart of Syllara's Great Shadow, an ominous chorus echoed throughout the Orogg Mountains. It was the collective voice of his ancestors, their souls inhabiting every animal, every tree, every branch on Varannar. Wild Moon channeled their voices through his spirit, and unleashed the power of the Old Ways into the Great Shadow with a terrible scream of a million souls! The Void Lord recoiled, trying to flee into the Shadow Abyss... But the deafening scream shattered Syllara's magic, tore the Great Shadow apart, closing the portal to the Shadow Abyss forever.
Wild Moon has avenged his ancestors from the crimes of the Orogg Witch Syllara. He destroyed her curse, freeing Varannar from her dark legacy. Her Witches, now powerless, will be hunted down and excised from the land."

"Suddenly, Wild Moon discovers a strange, black orb of shadow energy rolling on the ground before him. It fell from the Void Lord's heart. He feels limitless power emanating from the stone... A Numina Stone? Yes, Wild Moon understands now. This black Numina Stone was the source of Syllara's dark magic all along. And it is his, now. The power of a god. What will Wild Moon do with such a terrible power..?"

"What will you do, Wild Moon?"​

LostInTrenches

"As the Albino Varannari Wild Moon plunged his Devourer Sting into the heart of Syllara's Great Shadow, an ominous chorus echoed throughout the Orogg Mountains. It was the collective voice of his ancestors, their souls inhabiting every animal, every tree, every branch on Varannar. Wild Moon channeled their voices through his spirit, and unleashed the power of the Old Ways into the Great Shadow with a terrible scream of a million souls! The Void Lord recoiled, trying to flee into the Shadow Abyss... But the deafening scream shattered Syllara's magic, tore the Great Shadow apart, closing the portal to the Shadow Abyss forever.
Wild Moon has avenged his ancestors from the crimes of the Orogg Witch Syllara. He destroyed her curse, freeing Varannar from her dark legacy. Her Witches, now powerless, will be hunted down and excised from the land."

"Suddenly, Wild Moon discovers a strange, black orb of shadow energy rolling on the ground before him. It fell from the Void Lord's heart. He feels limitless power emanating from the stone... A Numina Stone? Yes, Wild Moon understands now. This black Numina Stone was the source of Syllara's dark magic all along. And it is his, now. The power of a god. What will Wild Moon do with such a terrible power..?"

"What will you do, Wild Moon?"
"With such power in his possession his mind raced with all sorts of horrific thoughts, all that's left of the shadows in Varannar are in his hands yet he felt pity that they had never gotten to fulfill their own destiny. But sacrifices had to be made wether it killed him or not he held the stone close before dropping to the ground, his mind was overcome with fear as breaking the stone could possibly lead to something similar to the shards and thus, much like the heroes he praised he would spend what was left of his life in the forbidden pits clutching the stone as he slowly drained away.

He had worry in his mind about his choice thinking that it would be much simpler like breaking it or leaving it in the pits but alas he stayed there hoping that one day some force or group would bury this wretched place under the deep ground to prevent anyone from ever finding his remains and this evil power but until then he lays there on the ground with his iron guardian patiently waiting much like an old friend he met in Varsilla."

WITHERSCHAEDEL

Translator
Dear fellow Muud'ari, welcome to the CHALLENGE thread, where you may post your challenge to the Muud'ari community or find the perfect challenge to overcome and brag about it - or die trying! Here is my rogue challenge. Boast if you succeed, or post your own challenge!

ROGUE CHALLENGE:
THE VARANNARI ALBINO

STORY: Varannari born with white skin, you've been shun by your own people like an impiri. And the impiri see you as one of their own, because of the color of your skin. You never were green enough...

This morning, you received a magical letter about an inheritance. Written in the impiri language, you know it's a mistake. So you must seek the origin of this mysterious letter and tell those impiri idiots to shove that inheritance up their pale butts!

Instead, you fall into a trap. Apparently, some impiri called the Forsaken are trying to kidnap another impiri, but caught you instead by mistake. This only proves how stupid those impiri are... So you escape and never look back.

Having survived the kidnapping, you are filled with nature's wisdom and finally discover your purpose: You swear on the land of your ancestors to reclaim your Varannari heritage and free your people from the evil Witches of Oorog!

GOAL: You must follow the "Old Ways", get to the highest reputation possible with the Varranari, defeat the Witches of Orogg and kill the final boss, the dreaded Void Lord of Mount Orogg!

RULE 1: To follow the "Old Ways", you must...
- Play a Rogue.
- Pick a cool Varannari name for your character, like Pale Skin Rabbit, Far Ted Wind, Furry Fury Bison, etc.
- Only wear simple equipment made from natural fabrics, leather, fur, hide, scales, wood, stone, bone or ivory. No metal, and no fancy contraptions like bows. (Yes you heard well: NO BOWS!)
*As an exception, you may use any equipment fabricated by the Varannari, whatever it's made of, as long as it's EXPLICITLY of Varannari origin. Don't cheat: Make your ancestors proud! (Made of bone, Goblin Flesh-Cutters will be your first authorised weapon. Until you find one, you'll need to fight with your fists!)
- Become BFFs with a wolf and a bear!!! To do so, you must learn to summon a wolf (by using scrolls) and a bear (with the Varannari skill) as soon as possible. Always carry a bunch of wolf scrolls with you, so you never feel alone. Obviously, you need to give your wolf and bear cool Varannari names, too. All other types of summons are forbidden.

RULE 2: It is strictly forbidden to enter Tremadan's Tower. This will effectively bar you from doing the game's original main quest.
*If you ever wish to hunt down the Undermother to use her Hide as armor, you'll need to trigger the Shards of Fate quest by speaking to Tremadan's illusion in his Tower. As an exception, you may enter the Tower for this purpose only. But don't trust the impiri wizard...

RULE 3: Complete all these mandatory quests: A Wild Mystery, A Web of Terror, The Cursed Abbey, Lady of the Night (Destroy Syllara's heart), Laughing Deer, Ancient Seal.

BOASTING RIGHTS: To beat this challenge and obtain boasting rights, you must follow the "Old Ways" to the letter, and defeat the final boss, the dreaded Void Lord of the Forbidden Pit of Mount Orogg! Post a screenshot of your victorious character and don't forget to tell us about your wolf and bear friends!!!

______________________________________________​
Is it fine to use Steel Wappons because the Varannari Groups use them as a Wappon?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
"With such power in his possession his mind raced with all sorts of horrific thoughts, all that's left of the shadows in Varannar are in his hands yet he felt pity that they had never gotten to fulfill their own destiny. But sacrifices had to be made wether it killed him or not he held the stone close before dropping to the ground, his mind was overcome with fear as breaking the stone could possibly lead to something similar to the shards and thus, much like the heroes he praised he would spend what was left of his life in the forbidden pits clutching the stone as he slowly drained away.

He had worry in his mind about his choice thinking that it would be much simpler like breaking it or leaving it in the pits but alas he stayed there hoping that one day some force or group would bury this wretched place under the deep ground to prevent anyone from ever finding his remains and this evil power but until then he lays there on the ground with his iron guardian patiently waiting much like an old friend he met in Varsilla."

What a beautifully tragic end to our Albinos Varannari hero! Wild Moon's sacrifice will be praised for generations in the Elder Forest!!!

A few weeks later, in the Elder Forest...
"Rumbling sounds echo through the forest, as a mob of scared Mercians run for their lives, screaming about some Horrors... Laughing Deer awakens from his trance, gazing calmly at the horizon with his terrified daughter, as the colossal Dimensional Parasites swarm cities, trample forests and crush mountains, devouring the world of its dimensional energies..."
Post automatically merged:    

Is it fine to use Steel Wappons because the Varannari Groups use them as a Wappon?

Steel Wappons are fine, whatever they are loll, but steel weapons are strictly forbidden. Unless the metal weapon is explicitly made by the Varannari people. All Varannari equipment can be used, even if it's made of metal.