Rogue build: level 20, melee.

brissenden

Translator
I haven't found any high level melee rogue build guides, so this is my lvl 20 melee rogue build with max compatible DPH, DPS, armor, perception, critical, effects and skills combination possible to attain for this level.

TRAITS.
STR: 4.
END: 3+1 (ring of unlife).
AGI: 7+2 (girdle of the rogue).
INT: 3+1 (ring of unlife).
AWA: 3+1 (the abbot's ring).
PER: 3+1 (the abbot's ring).

SKILLS.
Basic:
STAB IV, EVASION III.
Advanced:
FLURRY III, PRECISION STRIKES III, MASSIVE CRITICALS III, ASSASSINATE III.

Rightfully equipped, in difficulty normal he has:
DPH: 19-25+4 death.
Speed: 13.
Critical: 18% (30-79).
DPS: 51,8.
Effects: 6% paralysis, 5% stun.
HP: 301.
Armor: 28.
Perception: 48%.
Disarm devices: 80%.
Gossip: 43%.
XP bonus: 10%.

RESISTANCES:
FIRE 30, COLD 11, LIGHTNING 25, DEATH 60, TOXIC 36, MENTAL 28.

Equipment list, WEAPONS:
first weapon – devourer sting, light (paralysis I, 4-10 dmg, speed 13, critical 7%);
secondary weapon – cursed fang, off-hand (stun I, +4 death dmg).

Equipment list, ARMOR:
head – assassin's hood (gossip I, armor 2, HP 6, toxic 5);
neck – bloodied scarf (stun immunity, 2 armor);
body – the Undermother's hide (5 armor, 10 HP, 10 death, 10 mental);
hands – gloves of the explorer (detection I, tinkering I, armor 3, HP 7, fire 10);
ring – ring of unlife (1 END, 1 INT, 30 death, 10 mental) & the abbot's ring (1 AWA, 1 PER, wisdom I, armor 1, lightning 25);
belt – girdle of the rogue (2 AGI);
feet – assassin's boots (2 armor, 5 HP, 5 cold, 5 toxic);
legs – assassin's leggins (2 armor, 8 HP, 6 cold, 6 toxic);
back – vorator hide mantle (1 armor, 15 HP, 20 fire).

When boosted with STAB, FLURRY and EVASION, gains:
DPH: 65-71+4 death dmg.
Speed: 22.
Critical: 18% (76-217).
DPS: 225, 2
& a great chance of stun and paralysis (due to the fast amount of hits boosted with FLURRY), 35-75% ASSASSINATE (STAB immediate cooldown), 90% EVASION (dodge any attacks) and 50% insta-kill weaker enemies thanks to MASSIVE CRITICALS.

brissenden

Translator
That's how it looks like in the screenshots.

Also i have lvl 16 Grissenda as companion (2H DPH crowd controller), so that's why i don't use gauntlets of might cause she wears them, since there was such an idea, as well as for using stiletto as primary weapon for better DPS (paralysis is only reason why i choose devourer sting) and raising STR, END instead of AGI after it reaches 6.

If you have any ideas or advices, pls comment.

Iury

Translator
I i'm a lvl 15 rogue and i've hitted 300 with the flank bonus skill. I find it really worth the points

brissenden

Translator
Iury":1h9s091z said:
I i'm a lvl 15 rogue and i've hitted 300 with the flank bonus skill. I find it really worth the points

I have thought about dropping points in sneak attack, but it would recquire a sacrifice of another must-have skill. OFC the next five levels i will max it and also bloodlust (if possible) for extra damage.

Zaocide

I found investing in Flurry III way too expensive.
Flurry I gives +25% DPS, Flurry II gives another +20% and Flurry III gives only +16.7% DPS increase for the cost of first two. While flanking bonus works perfectly not only for sneak attacks but for tough enemies with +100% DPS increase and 25% stun chance (on level 3). Bosses basically don't exit stuns and paralysis.
I also joined warriors guild for Heavyhand instead of Assassinate (minor but stable DPS increase instead of proc chance of great DPS burst) but this was before rogue belt +2, so today I might have changed my mind.

brissenden

Translator
Zaocide":ub52012n said:
I found investing in Flurry III way too expensive.
Flurry I gives +25% DPS, Flurry II gives another +20% and Flurry III gives only +16.7% DPS increase for the cost of first two. While flanking bonus works perfectly not only for sneak attacks but for tough enemies with +100% DPS increase and 25% stun chance (on level 3). Bosses basically don't exit stuns and paralysis.
I think that without invisibility (or a companion) sneak attack becomes almost useless, bit i will learn it in future lvls anyway.

brissenden

Translator
Also further investing in flurry helps you whipe out any mob (boss or common) in counted seconds. If the level cap would be raised at least to 30, i'd also get invisibilty (bloodlust, sneak attack, invisibility are three skills that i count as most needed for my current build).

VDX_360

Staff member
I'd suggest using a Light Weapon (with elemental damage) with shield build for Grissenda as that maximizes her defensive abilities, which makes her a little more robust for mob-control and mob-bait, but with top tier equipment, 2-H builds have good performance by the end of current content.

But at Level 20, pretty much any Companion build works.

vo1d

Solid build dude, I also find sting+fang+flurry the funniest combo possible :)
1) why do you prefer Gris over Hirge?
2) how many hp potions do you typically use per abbey/vorator cave/castle bluerock run?

brissenden

Translator
vo1d":2j20oqnj said:
Solid build dude, I also find sting+fang+flurry the funniest combo possible :)
1) why do you prefer Gris over Hirge?
2) how many hp potions do you typically use per abbey/vorator cave/castle bluerock run?
[1]. Early times i used Grissenda with light weapon and a shield as a meat-shield, then i actually started a new game as a warrior and found out that cleave and whirlwind are not as useless as i thought. At high levels these skills are imba for crowd-control (especially with the permafrost greataxe); i also compensated armor decrease with myros equipment and high HP (STR trait).
[2]. Don't know exactly (i'll count the exact number of potions used today), but usually 2-3 potions of moderate healing is enough for a quick raid (or even none for patient walkthrough, waiting skills cooldown and using the recovery button). Actually, i always keep 1 light, 20 moderate, 30 great healing and 10 shielding potions in my quick-slots, it's enough to quickly run through the worldmap including dungeons.