Ring of Health or Shield of Life

Constantine

Which item has more "relevance lifespan" from mid to late game, Ring of Health or Shield of Life?

There is a choice that has to be made and I'm against a wall here...

Thanks in advance!

VDX_360

Staff member
It comes down to if you have a shield Cleric in your party.
The Shield of Life is one of the best shields for Clerics, useful through the entire mid-to-late game.

It's not a deal breaker, as there are other shields that have equal defense, just with different elemental protections. The Red Leather Shield, will be useful all game due to late game fire damage.

In the early, to mid-game, toxic/poison resistance is limited. But the late mid-game you should have plenty so the ring will help till than.

So final best advice:
If you are playing with two shield users, including a Cleric, grab that shield, but the ring is totally fine, too.
If you are playing with a single Shield user that is a Cleric, players choice, with a lot of leaning towards grabbing that shield.
If you are playing without shield users, or without a Cleric, get that ring.

Constantine

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I'm currently playing a Sword n Board Warrior but I'm about to respec to 2 handed for the DPS output.

I tried the Cleric Companion (whose name eludes me) and she's not bad! I liked her heals and often would keep her stationary while i kited' mobs to her in a secluded ambush spot, sorta like pulling mobs in a FFXI Party.

I'm teetering towards going back to the Warrior Companion (whose name also eludes me) just for the pure dps she too can pump out.

I reckon in the end I'll be using 2h Warrior/2h Warrior so it'll be the Ring then.

Now I'm at another crossroad, and I'm trying my best not to post any spoilers here, but with the info i just provided would I also want to pick the same ring from the Chancellor after Fort?

Thank you very much for your time.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are several nice quest rewards for Fort Assault. The Ring of Life is nifty, for the reasons above, but the Breastplate of the Forge likely will serve your Warrior/Warrior duet rather well. Again, not a game breaker as the easily obtained Lionskin Cuirass has almost as much fire resistance.

Phyrad

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I'm currently playing a Sword n Board Warrior but I'm about to respec to 2 handed for the DPS output.

I tried the Cleric Companion (whose name eludes me) and she's not bad! I liked her heals and often would keep her stationary while i kited' mobs to her in a secluded ambush spot, sorta like pulling mobs in a FFXI Party.

I'm teetering towards going back to the Warrior Companion (whose name also eludes me) just for the pure dps she too can pump out.

I reckon in the end I'll be using 2h Warrior/2h Warrior so it'll be the Ring then.

Now I'm at another crossroad, and I'm trying my best not to post any spoilers here, but with the info i just provided would I also want to pick the same ring from the Chancellor after Fort?

Thank you very much for your time.
For the first case, I always prefer ring of health since +20 hp worths a lot during the early game.

For the second case, I always prefer magma shortsword (I always hang out with Gris). It has a decent dps with flame damage which is not easy to find during the early game. Once you got icicle as well, literally you won't need any other sword for a long time. The other options can be substituted easily.

Constantine

Fellas, I greatly appreciate your advice!

I went ahead and rolled double rings, it has definitely helped Gris stay tanky. I created a save point before the first decision, so i can always go back and re-choose if needed.

I save scummed to check out all of the options first. ngl, that breastplate and shortsword looks very tempting. I just figured one could always use more life right? lol

Again, thank you for your replies & your time fellas.

Have a great day!

Constantine

I have it added to my home screen. There's a ton of info in there, so I've been picking through it a lil at a time.

Thanks for the recommendation tho, I appreciate it!