Restoring very old purchase

Lythriel

Hi, so I purchased exiled kingdoms a few years ago on a different device, was hoping to get my licence back. I used the restore purchase option but at the time I had maybe two or three accounts connected to my old device. I think I know the emails of all the old accounts if I was able to get some help with that? Used the in game email and got no response. Thanks to anyone who can help!

VDX_360

Staff member
Which service were you using to make the purchase? Steam, Google Play, Apple etc????

That service should have a FAQ page on how to restore old purchases. However, you will likely need to know your account details.

Lythriel

It would have been on Google Play! I read the FAQ, and restore purchase unfortunately didn't work. So it said to email you guys, but I didn't get a response so I'm here now :p

VDX_360

Staff member
Here's one FAQ for Google Play restore purchases. It seems the next step for you is to figure out which account made the purchase, than use that account to transfer it to the new device.

This is a Google Play issue, not a game issue. If you buy hammer from a store, you don't contact the manufacture over getting store credit. The Developer can't tell Google Play to give you credit for the game. And any effort to restore a purchase is going to go back to the you needing to locate which account made the purchase. Again, that's a Google Play issue.

Good luck in your search, I know how frustrating using multiple accounts on multiple devices can get.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, sometime when you log into the old account (the one that made the purchase) you have to LOG OUT of all other accounts, or Google Play won't realize the change. Sometimes you have to power-down your device so when it restarts there's just one account logged in, the one that made the purchase. Than you can restore purcahses.

So if you've been trying to restore purchases with multiple accounts active, Google Play might not have even realized you swapped accounts.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It would have been on Google Play! I read the FAQ, and restore purchase unfortunately didn't work. So it said to email you guys, but I didn't get a response so I'm here now :p
Hello, every support email should get a reply within the day. Did you email to [email protected] ?

The first thing you need to check is if the purchase appears in your purchase history at http://payments.google.com

Lythriel

Uh, ya that was the email I sent it to. I can copy and paste if here or provide a screenshot. Regardless, I wasn't here looking for credit, I thought you guys would be my best source of information finding out what the issue was for me.

I went to the payments Google link and couldn't find exiled kingdoms on my current account, I just readded my secondary one to my phone and was able to find the purchase on there.

So at risk of being sent to google for answers again, do I need to do something special to restore the purchase off my secondary account now?

-edit-
Nevermind, I just switched my account in the playstore and redownloaded the game. It worked. Thanks I guess

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Awesome, glad it worked!

For clarity, David, username @DavidBVal, is the Game Developer. I, VDX, am just a forum moderator.

It's not that we don't want to help you--we really do. But the challenge comes from the complicated interaction between devices, third party providers such as Google Play, and game developers. So often all we can do is refer you to a FAQ page, or offer a very general process. It's not an ideal situation.

Good luck with the game and thanks for your patience.

Lythriel

Okay, thanks for the reply. I remember loving the game as it's one of the best ARPG experiences on mobile in my opinion. Glad I can hop back in as a cleric!