Respawning enemies after die and continue quicksave

Gareth_SA

I'm having a problem in Urzuganar lair. This is my third pkaythrough and im guessing this in a problem with the latest update? Im on beta 0.8.947

It happens intermittently, but sometimes when i die in the lair and i continue my game (from the quicksave) which is the only save ypu can do inside the lair, sometimes...it happened 4 times during tge dungeon. All the enemies would reload with the save, and items in the chests.....but the problem is now ive cleared the level....eventually. and saved it just outside the boss area. But on my first fight he killed me and the level reset and spawns tonnes of those guards around me.

Ive spent hours here and levelled up twice inside, i dont want to go back to the last autosave.

Please help, its tge first time ive seen this error.

Screenshot_2016_09_19_17_50_41_686_net_fdgames_e.png

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It should not happen, unless your quicksave has become corrupted for some reason. Areas should never respawn with you inside. If the game detects the area data from the level being reloaded is corrupted, it respawns. Sorry but little can be done, sometimes a file can get damaged, ie, a phone call or low battery notification in the middle of a save can cause such problems.

Now, if it happens regularly when you quicksave, then maybe it is a bug. Let me know if this is the case.

Gareth_SA

Thank you very much for your swift message. I thought as much, but worth a query.

Thanks for such a yruly amazing game and great support.

Truly, it is exceptional to find these two together

Setrian

This happens for me if I quick save and continue into any secret area in a dungeon. Not all the time, but I think it counts either some secret areas as not part of the dungeon or all of them and after a set time, if you continue into a secret area, everything resets.

Setrian

Me and David had a long email argument over this, and I ended up remembering that I could fortunately escape with a recall scroll.

Gareth_SA

AAhhh yes, I guess that would have worked.

If I had it on me, and not stored in my vault :(

Perhaps a way to circumvent this error that doesn't involve going back to the last autosave when one slept? maybe like a quicksave that has two saves, and always overwrites the older one...and if an error is detected it loads the older quicksave?

Gareth_SA

Ok, i loaded the last autosave and kept on playing, and have not yet gone back to Urzuganar lair.

I thought the problem might have happened a couple other times, but it was in a small lair or cave and not game breaking.

But now i am in Gurgurth cave, and its just done it again. I left my phone alone for a bit and when i came back i was dead. Maybe a troll came too close, eitherway. Upon reloading all the trolls have respawned.

This is problematic, to say the least.

Screenshot_2016_09_25_14_17_24_481_net_fdgames_e.png

ClockworkGhost

I've noticed something similar with the orc encampment near Kingsbridge - orc respawns are causing orcs to appear out of thin air. I'm not sure if it's because the orc encampment is part of a quest, or if the respawn rate is a bit faulty. It's not really a biggie when you're out in the open, but it would be rather nasty underground, for sure.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As soon as this happens, please generate a backup file and email it to [email protected]

In the email tell me the character name, and the local time at which this happened.

Gareth_SA

Thank you David,

I will do so next time I notice exactly when it happens and i'll backup the game and let you know those details you requested.

Regards,