[Resolved] Defenders not appearing during Defending Outpost

Sabakera

On what version did this happen to you? right now they don't spawn until you initiate the quest.
I have the most recent version (v 1.3.1167) and the same thing just happened to me.
before accepting the quest I had not explored the map to the location of Xerla's camp. when I first went, there was no one there.
there is no way to finish the quest

VDX_360

Staff member
It might be a map-loading issue so staying at an inn might resolve the issue. Note: make a back-up save file before the inn auto-save.

Since the defenders don't appear until AFTER the quest is started, it seems impossible to have them get killed before you start the quest. Since, you said you didn't go to the map before starting the quest, it's not a standard map reset issue either.

Just to rule out obvious / easy options: Does your journal say to check on the defenders? Or did you start the quest and load from a previous save without realizing it? (quick-save, exit and re-load etc.)

Sabakera

thank you friend! I went back there a few days later and they were there. I thought I had checked the possibility of sleeping in the tavern, but it seems not.