[Request] Item description boxes

abstractsense

Loreseeker
This is sort of a minor UI annoyance of mine: the item description box (that hovers under your equipment display in the character sheet with the details of the item) resizes based on the description length and even bonus icons (cold, armor, health, etc.) height. All these combinations makes the box actually have a bunch of different possible heights. It'd be nice if this box was always the same fixed height.

One way to do this would be to have the height be fixed so that the "Take" or "Unequip" buttons line up on the bottom with your companion's photo. It might be better to put the text after all the bonus icons.

Shameless plug: this would also help me add items to the Wiki very easily because I can batch crop screenshots and the crop dimensions would be fixed throughout. I could crop 300 screenshots instantly.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
abstractsense":1m2extan said:
This is sort of a minor UI annoyance of mine: the item description box (that hovers under your equipment display in the character sheet with the details of the item) resizes based on the description length and even bonus icons (cold, armor, health, etc.) height. All these combinations makes the box actually have a bunch of different possible heights. It'd be nice if this box was always the same fixed height.

One way to do this would be to have the height be fixed so that the "Take" or "Unequip" buttons line up on the bottom with your companion's photo. It might be better to put the text after all the bonus icons.

Shameless plug: this would also help me add items to the Wiki very easily because I can batch crop screenshots and the crop dimensions would be fixed throughout. I could crop 300 screenshots instantly.

Yeah that was one of the most "ancient" UI code parts, in which I was still learning. I'll try to clean it up so it has fixed dimensions.