Report here old items that may need to be updated

Rylocke

Old title: Orb of Shadows Missed the Orb Buffing

EDITED by David: this thread looks useful to me, so I took the liberty of changing the title and making it a sticky so you can report other items in need of some love.

Man, it took me forEVER at low level to save up 10k so I could complete that quest and keep the orb. Granted, I've since grown out of it, so it doesn't matter much to me anymore, but I'm sure another up-and-coming mage might want to save up for it. If it gets outshined by normal loot drops, it won't be worth it. The stats are the same as before the recent patch, but I assume you probably want to hit it with at least a health buff to stay in line with the rest.

Atomos

Energy cell needs to be updated, take a look at mana potions prices and effects:
Lesser mana potion (+20 mana) - 150 gold
Mana potion (+35 mana) - 350 gold
Energy cell (+30 mana and 40 shock damage) - 500 gold

Before the mage update, the energy cell was the strongest mana potion. It was a choice of clerics, who were willing or forced to farm it, or found it trying to get the Golems fist. Considering it's rarity, and hazardous yet powerful characteristic it needs a update, along with bug fix

0rion79

Yes, I strongly agree. Considering the penalty in life loss, it should provide much more mana, or deal damage in a toxic form (acid/poison) as the medical centre in the Ark and/or be an ingredient for further alchemy quests.

Atomos

I wonder about that. Should the user get hurt by acidic liquid, or electrocuted by the power that cannot be completely controlled? That's for David to decide ;)

Edit: Scimitar of Flames might need a little rebalancing. It's a unique weapon, but costs as much as ordinary Heavy Scimitar available in shop, and it's DPS is a little poor considering that it's user is a little stronger, than the Snake who uses a weapon from the second quest path

Uljan

Atomos":l1ua6ru3 said:
Edit: Scimitar of Flames might need a little rebalancing. It's a unique weapon, but costs as much as ordinary Heavy Scimitar available in shop, and it's DPS is a little poor considering that it's user is a little stronger, than the Snake who uses a weapon from the second quest path

also Rancor and Cruelty should not have the same price

that paralyzing ice axe (can't remember its name) looks a little too cheap compared to other ice weapons like icy claymore

Atomos

I think Bluesteel axe is a bit forgotten now. Before version 1.0xx I found one in Imperial fortress (I think?), and now I can't find it anywhere. It's chance of critical hit seems to be wrong, it needs to be added to shops, and maybe adamantite version could be added?

0rion79

Atomos":r6k241k7 said:
I think Bluesteel axe is a bit forgotten now. Before version 1.0xx I found one in Imperial fortress (I think?), and now I can't find it anywhere. It's chance of critical hit seems to be wrong, it needs to be added to shops, and maybe adamantite version could be added?

I find plenty in the Minotaur maze, for example. And IMHO no adamantite version. It spoils the role-playing factor and, if the axe is added, then any weapon may do and that's too much for game balance.

Atomos

0rion79":5qausfat said:
I find plenty in the Minotaur maze, for example. And IMHO no adamantite version. It spoils the role-playing factor and, if the axe is added, then any weapon may do and that's too much for game balance.
I meant the one handed axe ;)

Rylocke

The title item of the thread missed today's upduate. :(

Still, I'm glad you've retroactively updated many items to reflect their difficulty to obtain or rarity to match the increasing game difficulty due to additional content.

Can you crank up that Orb of Shadows in the next update? It looks like it slipped through the cracks.

0rion79

Rylocke":1ph7jbzf said:
The title item of the thread missed today's upduate. :(

Still, I'm glad you've retroactively updated many items to reflect their difficulty to obtain or rarity to match the increasing game difficulty due to additional content.

Can you crank up that Orb of Shadows in the next update? It looks like it slipped through the cracks.

Yep, I agree. As a person that always complain, I wished you David did more upgrades, yet I am happy that you did what you did :) Take it as a grumpy appreciatement :)