Regarding Hirge

Fundeadguy

Love the companion, absolute tank which is great for my rouge. When I first got her she seemed to work fairly well however I have been noticing that she is not always healing herself when she is low on health while in combat. I wait a minimal of thirty seconds (timed with a watch) to ensure that the skill has cooled, she has full mana and then we engage and she dies. I am not 100% sure this is a bug or perhaps its merely bad luck or perhaps she is just coded to prioritize combat over healing.

Love the game and I apologies if this is not a glitch, thank you for your time.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Every AI "tick" there is a chance a NPC with healing abilities will actually cast heal wounds. Chance is 0 unless some ally (or themselves) is under 50% health, and higher if there's several injured allies. And as all things random, it might happen less often at times, but after 4-5 seconds, if there's a wounded party member, she *should* be healing.

I increasesd slightly the chances for next update.

ju87stuka

I've noticed the same. She doesn't really behave helpful in the danger situation, she prefer to use other skills (attack skill, more like a warrior) rather than healing. I think that the best would be if her priority is set on heal, at the end this is the main reason why I should carry a cleric...

I'm wondering if I gave her only the heal skill, will she use it more often?

What about adding a skill buff?

Thank you

Board Troll

ju87stuka":27ohms83 said:
I've noticed the same. She doesn't really behave helpful in the danger situation, she prefer to use other skills (attack skill, more like a warrior) rather than healing. I think that the best would be if her priority is set on heal, at the end this is the main reason why I should carry a cleric...

I'm wondering if I gave her only the heal skill, will she use it more often?

What about adding a skill buff?

Thank you

What do you mean by skill buff?

ju87stuka

Like, I don't know, the possibility to cast an elemental protection or an increase attack/defense for example.

RPGuru#32

I like the idea of clerics being able to buff party members. Hirge is awesome against undead, which is good too but casters and especially healers should focus more on keeping themselves and the party alive. Some cool buffs would be lesser shielding and shielding potion effects, maybe damage buff. Possibly an area damage or dot spell would be nice too.