Recommended Hirge Build for Wand Mage?

Maximilian313

Loreseeker
I am currently playing lvl 11 Wand Mage, and I need help with build for Hirge. No, I hadn't completed The Ancient Seal quest.
Any ideas?
Equipment: Tiara of the Heavens, Firedancer Robes, Essence Gloves, Amulet of Wilderness, Elm Wand, Oasis Ring, Blessed Belt of Agility, Journeyman Boots, Journeyman Pants, Cloak of the Wolf, Ilmarian Signet Ring, Lesser Black Orb. Skills: Lightning Bolt 1, Fireball 2, Ice Storm 1, Mana Surge 2, Wand Mastery 3, Extra Recovery 1, Dungeoneering 2, Spiritual Ward 3. Traits (with boosts from items): STR 2, END 3, AGI 3, INT 5, AWA 2, PER 2
Equipment: Blessed Chain Coif, Blessed Chain Shirt, Blessed Chain Gauntlets, Necklace of Charm, Bluesteel Mace, Ring of Death Ward, Blessed Belt of Might, Blessed Chain Boots, Blessed Chain Leggings, Iron Will Mantle, Ring of Health, Shield of Life. Skills: Heal Wounds 2, Intervention 3, Crusader 1, Nivaria's Barrier 2. Traits (with boosts from items): STR 3, END 1, AGI 1, INT 1, AWA 1, PER 4

Last edited:

Atomos

Maximilian313

Loreseeker
I have Varaol's Boots on Griss and I don't think I'm ready to take Kakrak on yet. Are there any replacements?

Last edited:

Atomos

There are also Tolassian chain boots(all the pieces of this set are good), Jungle boots, and Thuramiam plate boots(gloves are very cool too). These are a bit tricky though

Phyrad

I am currently playing lvl 11 Wand Mage, and I need help with build for Hirge. No, I hadn't completed The Ancient Seal quest.
Any ideas?
Equipment: Tiara of the Heavens, Firedancer Robes, Essence Gloves, Amulet of Wilderness, Elm Wand, Oasis Ring, Blessed Belt of Agility, Journeyman Boots, Journeyman Pants, Cloak of the Wolf, Ilmarian Signet Ring, Lesser Black Orb. Skills: Lightning Bolt 1, Fireball 2, Ice Storm 1, Mana Surge 2, Wand Mastery 3, Extra Recovery 1, Dungeoneering 2, Spiritual Ward 3. Traits (with boosts from items): STR 2, END 3, AGI 3, INT 5, AWA 2, PER 2
Equipment: Blessed Chain Coif, Blessed Chain Shirt, Blessed Chain Gauntlets, Necklace of Charm, Bluesteel Mace, Ring of Death Ward, Blessed Belt of Might, Blessed Chain Boots, Blessed Chain Leggings, Iron Will Mantle, Ring of Health, Shield of Life. Skills: Heal Wounds 2, Intervention 3, Crusader 1, Nivaria's Barrier 2. Traits (with boosts from items): STR 3, END 1, AGI 1, INT 1, AWA 1, PER 4
Mage (wand or staff) has no chance than being dps (at least when lvl 11) but when I look at your builds, as if your mage is tank and Hirge is dps.

Wand mage is more balanced than staff mage, but still quite vulnerable. My mage logic is "hit as hard as you can and don't let them get close". So I wouldn't spent on STR. END 3 during the late game but not when lvl 11.

And your Hirge should be the one gets the beating. I would have less STR and more END and AGI on her. The balance between INT and PER is important as well. And why do you have intervention? Let her die, she will get up eventually. Intervention also depletes the mana points, making her useless. I would full the healing ability and the nivarias barrier of Hirge, together with holy shield.

Maximilian313

Loreseeker
I use Intervention, so she can be fighting longer. She doesn't die often anyway. But I still prefer to have it, just to be safe

Gr8Scott

@Maximilian313 I use tanky Gris for my mage. For Hirge you need at least STR 4, PER 2, END 2. I prefer adding END over AGI as HP are more helpful than armor later in game, but it's a preference if you want her to use light weapons also)

I use Heal 3 and no other active skills. NB II, Crusader II (5 skill points to reach lvl 3 isn't worth it).
After healing, she will still have 1-17 MP left. Intervention keeps her going and per @Atomos video, a potion boosts that. A mana potion gives her a lvl 3 heal also. I know she revives later, but I want her to stick around in boss fights. If you summon, that might not be as important to you though. Although 2 tanks never hurt a mage either.