Ranged warrior builds

Don Desini

Loreseeker
I've been crawling the forums all morning and can't seem to find anyone who has built an archery dominant warrior. I'm considering an agility based warrior build that would rely mainly on archery,but be 1h capable also. Sort of as a fallback combat method.
Just curious if anyone has already tried such a build. If so,please post all pedigree build info here and feel free to share opinions and advice.

Thanks all. I apologize in advance if this topic has already been addressed and I just missed it. If that's the case,I will graciously accept links to any related posts.

life tiger

That's not really a good idea cuz you won't have the passive archery bonus ability that rouges have

nsandrin

I have that character. Level 20 and has been a range character from the beginning.

Traits - I have 4 points waiting on next level to add to either end or agility
Str = 2
End = 4 +1 (5)
Ag = 6 +2 (8)
Int = 3 +1 (4)
Awa = 4
Per = 3

Extra End from Ring of Unlife. Extra Ag from Girdle of the Rogue and Extra Int from Ring of unlife.

Skills
Archery - Max
Extra Recovery - Max
Rapid Fire - Max
Precision Shots - Max
Poison Master - Max
Spiritual Ward - Max
Death Ward - Max

My weapons are composite bow. For one hand Stiletto and Chitin Shield. Assassin armor (except use Gloves of the explorer) and Bloodied scarf. Rings are Ring of Unlife and Iagus' Ring of Learning.
Hope this helps.

life tiger

If you meant a rouge class then sorry for being an idiot I'm just really sick and might of read that wrong

Claytopia

Don Desini":31yltr0r said:
I've been crawling the forums all morning and can't seem to find anyone who has built an archery dominant warrior. I'm considering an agility based warrior build that would rely mainly on archery,but be 1h capable also. Sort of as a fallback combat method.
Just curious if anyone has already tried such a build. If so,please post all pedigree build info here and feel free to share opinions and advice.

Thanks all. I apologize in advance if this topic has already been addressed and I just missed it. If that's the case,I will graciously accept links to any related posts.

I looked at it too but the best bows are rouge specific so you it would never reach its potential.

Macatron

nsandrin":3aidmlo9 said:
I have that character. Level 20 and has been a range character from the beginning.

Traits - I have 4 points waiting on next level to add to either end or agility
Str = 2
End = 4 +1 (5)
Ag = 6 +2 (8)
Int = 3 +1 (4)
Awa = 4
Per = 3

Extra End from Ring of Unlife. Extra Ag from Girdle of the Rogue and Extra Int from Ring of unlife.

Skills
Archery - Max
Extra Recovery - Max
Rapid Fire - Max
Precision Shots - Max
Poison Master - Max
Spiritual Ward - Max
Death Ward - Max

My weapons are composite bow. For one hand Stiletto and Chitin Shield. Assassin armor (except use Gloves of the explorer) and Bloodied scarf. Rings are Ring of Unlife and Iagus' Ring of Learning.
Hope this helps.

I thought rogues were the only class with the Archery skill. I've never played a warrior build, but I assumed that they'd be able to get the other elite skills like Rapid Fire and Precision Shots, but I thought they didn't have access to the basic Archery skill. If that's not the case, then that's a REALLY nice warrior build! :D Does anything ever survive long enough to close in on you for hand to hand combat?

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll try to answer a few in no particular order.

I was indeed talking about a warrior build. The archery skill is a rogue skill. If you consult the weapons table in the wiki every bow currently in game is equippable by both rogues and warriors. This is what originally led me to this idea.

I have rerolled a lvl 10 warrior of mine and outfitted him as an archer with a backup hand weapon and shield. (Mostly due to trolls and relatively low damage of Vulcan bow) I'm going to play with him like this for a while before I post my actual build stats. He may just end up reverting to my original build if I'm not satisfied with the results by the next testing period.

Thanks again for all the input. Please keep it coming.

nsandrin

Sorry my apology on that. I will try to respond to two of the posts. My character is a Rogue and not a warrior. I purposefully went that direction as Half Orc, semi-evil thieves have always been my go to.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

malak darkhunter

I had given some thought on it, not sure why warriors don't have access to the archery skill tree. On a few test runs it seems to work well at least in the begining of the game. i have noticed though that your character will "fumble" the arrow when an enemy gets to close. I had thought of going high strength/ high agility, with just 2-3 points into endurance, and making him an archer/ 2-handed warrior.

Sharkyinthe UK

Don Desini":23zm7fhu said:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll try to answer a few in no particular order.

I was indeed talking about a warrior build. The archery skill is a rogue skill. If you consult the weapons table in the wiki every bow currently in game is equippable by both rogues and warriors. This is what originally led me to this idea.

I have rerolled a lvl 10 warrior of mine and outfitted him as an archer with a backup hand weapon and shield. (Mostly due to trolls and relatively low damage of Vulcan bow) I'm going to play with him like this for a while before I post my actual build stats. He may just end up reverting to my original build if I'm not satisfied with the results by the next testing period.

Thanks again for all the input. Please keep it coming.

There is a new fire damage now in the game, speed 15 1-5 damage plus fire, would be much better than the Vulcan bow for your build, I believe it's named the legion scouts bow.

Also use a "light" weapon as opposed to a "hand weapon" as it will pull off you agi trait.

Look at getting your awa high for the extra now damage and armour (awa 6 gives a good balance)