Random Encounters at Night

ArrowsFTW

Wouldn't it be great if you encounter enemies that only come out at night maybe like a group of Skeletal Warriors, Zombies, and maybe Vampires in the future

Dimidium

I like where this idea is going, how about Vampires? Vampires who scale to your level, and have good drops that are completely random, but don't suck.

ArrowsFTW

Dimidium":39sxhxf4 said:
I like where this idea is going, how about Vampires? Vampires who scale to your level, and have good drops that are completely random, but don't suck.
How about level drain when the Vampires attack you?

Dimidium

ArrowsFTW":ngv29jny said:
Dimidium":ngv29jny said:

I like that idea. I have no idea how it could be coded, but it sounds fun.

AnthonyhCAN

Dimidium":2i4k3wma said:
ArrowsFTW":2i4k3wma said:
Dimidium":2i4k3wma said:

I like that idea. I have no idea how it could be coded, but it sounds fun.

What if level drain worked like ( deals x-x damage for x seconds) it seems as if the coding could be doable

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Level drain in old D&D was that: you lose levels permanently.

From 3.0 onwards, it implements an idea that maybe I could use: negative levels. You keep your level, but then receive stackable negative ones that give you penalties similar to -1 level. Removing negative levels in D&D games usually requires going back to a temple.

I'll think about this, can't say much more without spoiling.

Dimidium

DavidBVal":1z2k9rf7 said:

From 3.0 onwards, it implements an idea that maybe I could use: negative levels. You keep your level, but then receive stackable negative ones that give you penalties similar to -1 level. Removing negative levels in D&D games usually requires going back to a temple.

That's part of why I like this game so much. The Dev pays attention. This is what makes a game "great" instead of just "good".

One thing though, should a Cleric be immune? I mean, the Cleric is pretty much an extension of the Temple.

ArrowsFTW

Dimidium":3ergvkij said:
DavidBVal":3ergvkij said:

That's part of why I like this game so much. The Dev pays attention. This is what makes a game "great" instead of just "good".

One thing though, should a Cleric be immune? I mean, the Cleric is pretty much an extension of the Temple.
I don't think Clerics should be immune to Vampire drain but to some extent they can have high resistance to it

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Can't think about that now, too early, plus I've my hands full trying to balance 8 new skills while deep into a lot of other stuff. But making a class 100% immune to anything sounds wrong.