Random Bosses (original title: I have a question I hope someone can answer)

Invector

A short time ago I was traveling through Northwest Sagar Forest when I ran into three enemies I've never seen before. Two were "Troll Shamans", which I can find descriptions of on the Wiki, but the third was "Morog the Sacrilegous", which I can't find anything about. All searches come up empty.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's random encounter, you got lucky to meet them. Normally you have to use gossip to find out where they spawned, but it also works for accidental meeting.

Sometimes it can also be helpful, had once similar encounter for an enemy who drop shards, was really funny, I just stand back and watched both of them killing each other, and in last moment I joined the fight and killed both 😁

BetterCallCharles

If you are a high enough level, you may find random trolls on the road often. If they were st a camp, then it was likely a town quest spawn location.

Invector

Thanks for the info. I tried killing them several times (and was successful in a sense) but Morog just kept re-spawning every five seconds or so and would immediately attack me again. I couldn't keep up and eventually gave up. I'm not sure what the point of the encounter is??

p4ran0id

Staff member
Thanks for the info. I tried killing them several times (and was successful in a sense) but Morog just kept re-spawning every five seconds or so and would immediately attack me again. I couldn't keep up and eventually gave up. I'm not sure what the point of the encounter is??

You know how to kill a troll? 😏

you have to use fire to kill it, otherwise it will respawn endlessly...
Last hit has to be with fire damage, it's only way to kill a troll!

Invector

Thanks again for the info. I haven't been playing very long, so I didn't know that about Trolls. I'm guessing before I find a "fire" weapon Mr. Morog will be long gone, but perhaps I'll meet him again some day when I'm better prepared.
Thanks again for the help.

Invector

After writing the above post I headed back to town just to see if I had anything in a vault that might work. I had forgotten about it but I did have something---a "Crushing Ember" mace.
So I took a nap to replenish my health, grabbed some more healing potions, and headed back to the canyon, not really expecting to find the trolls still there.
But they were.
It took all the potions I had to beat the three of them, and when I did I was a little disappointed with the reward. All Morog dropped was a "Hero's Shield". No weapon, but I suppose that's because he was using what looked to be a large wooden club. Only one Shaman dropped anything and that was some "Sparkling Powder". Like I said, I was a little disappointed since Morog doesn't even show up on the Wiki, and because of that I assume he is quite rare. Was hoping for a rare drop in exchange. Oh, well.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
This is their Wiki

The Troll Marauder has a LARGE loot drop but you only get a small selection. He can drop worse (he CAN drop a Steel Shield) but other good drops by him include Icy Claymore, Poisonous Bow, Ring of Vitality, Gloves of the Explorer, Icy Maul, Jester's Skull. Plus a Black Shard when relevant quest is active.

Don't worry, you'll meet lots more Marauders in your adventuring career.

BetterCallCharles

Based on the conveyed difficulty of that troll, you may have poor skill and stat points. If you post a picture of your skills and items I can help make your skills better used