Questions on seemingly incomplete features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansaske

First, I wanted to thank you for developing an excellent game. Once it is complete, I plan on buying it on Steam as well.

I have a list of questions. Please skip answering parts or all parts of the question if the development (with regards to it) is still up in the air or if the development is a surprise for the supporters.

1. I've noticed many houses are locked (ie, in Freetown). Were they supposed to have something, ie, player housing? Is this still planned?

2. A woman in New Garand Farmlands asks for help. Will this be made into a quest or left as just a passing comment? Will the comment ever update after you beat the dungeon?

3. After completing Lady of the Night, Syllara tells me she will see me later. Will this be implemented?

4. Will we ever get town hall quests for the region of Thuram? (ie, in the next update?)

5. Will we ever get housing in Icemist? There are plenty of possible doorways that could be used as player housing.

6. We are given the option to choose to see the King in New Garand. Will this be ever implemented?

7. Will we ever see the bratty queen of Icemist?

8. When will the arena in Freetown be freed from technical difficulties?

9. Is a sequel planned? If so, will it include the child of the protagonist and the princess of the sea?

10. Are the areas for Lamis, Irossia, Elder Forest, Freeport, Liberty, The Orc Kingdom, Port Malan, Solliga, and/or other islands be opened in the future or in the sequel?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Moved from support to general forum as this isn't bug related. Support forum is only for bugs and problems with game.

Claytopia

You could also add

Uncover the next layer of the Lannegar Mine.

Gain access to castle at Mount Storme.

Unlock the third layer of the Sewer of Horrors.

dansaske

@ Claytopia. Those are good suggestions.

Yes, the third layer of the Sewer of Horrors sounds fantastic, but there is no one at the gate to suggest there is a way down there. I suppose after you rescue the wizard's son, the wizard's son (who is part of the patrol) can give you the key to it. Or, the queen can banish you there in her anger for saving the wizard's son. If this game was in alpha still, I would have liked to see the game continue until the queen is deposed and the protagonist leading the nation. It raises a hair but does not seem that standoffish compared to the number of locked houses in different cities (why are the icons there if we aren't ever going to go inside?).

I figured if I checked two in-game weeks later, Lannegar Mine might be open. I am guessing it's not?

Mount Storme seemed fairly incomplete in the previous updates, but has been since polished with more guards. It does not seem we will ever see the inside of the castle. It's a bit misleading since the village elder looks to the castle cautiously, which makes you wonder if something is going on there. I guess just adding a small court with a demi-lich of a lord and various devil attendants could probably help solve the problem?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Don't forget about Sargos. We have unfinished business with him...

Regarding Mount Storme, I think chances are quite high that we're going to see its insides in the next update, since David once mentioned that he is eager on implementing it too. Maybe it is connected to Grissenda's background quest. Just guessing...

Anyway, let's wait a few more weeks until the next (and probably final) update is released. Then we can start complaining about all the things that didn't got implemented. ;)

Xen

Loreseeker
If I remembered correctly, David once said not everything is there for a reason, and also not everything will be implemented in the game, some things are just there to leave some questions and to stir minds to think of possible endings :)

Xen

Loreseeker
And before I forgot, David said that the next game is Prequel of EK something like the time of Andoria before the empire fell.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Xen":3m0p63mb said:
And before I forgot, David said that the next game is Prequel of EK something like the time of Andoria before the empire fell.
Not quite correct. According to the last vision in the Hall of Wisdom it's about returning to Andoria after the Empire fell.

dansaske

That should be exciting. Trying to go against hordes of horrors and finding survivor camps.

Kelonis

@ Claytopia. Those are good suggestions.

Yes, the third layer of the Sewer of Horrors sounds fantastic, but there is no one at the gate to suggest there is a way down there. I suppose after you rescue the wizard's son, the wizard's son (who is part of the patrol) can give you the key to it. Or, the queen can banish you there in her anger for saving the wizard's son. If this game was in alpha still, I would have liked to see the game continue until the queen is deposed and the protagonist leading the nation. It raises a hair but does not seem that standoffish compared to the number of locked houses in different cities (why are the icons there if we aren't ever going to go inside?).

I figured if I checked two in-game weeks later, Lannegar Mine might be open. I am guessing it's not?

Mount Storme seemed fairly incomplete in the previous updates, but has been since polished with more guards. It does not seem we will ever see the inside of the castle. It's a bit misleading since the village elder looks to the castle cautiously, which makes you wonder if something is going on there. I guess just adding a small court with a demi-lich of a lord and various devil attendants could probably help solve the problem?
If you use grisella as a companion you get an invitation to Mount Storme

Status
Not open for further replies.