Question about "Bloodlust"

Invector

I've never used Bloodlust before but I'm considering giving it a try with a new character. Neither the wiki nor the in-game description mention anything about a cooldown. I'm wondering if there is one or if the skill immediately resets after the 6 second period is up?

VDX_360

Staff member
To the best of my understanding, Bloodlust does not have a cooldown. You can kill again and get the bonus asap.

Note, that to trigger bloodlust, you must land the killing blow. Not your companion.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Bloodlust is passive and passives don't have cooldowns, they're weaker skills that are always in play.

Active skills are more powerful, they have cooldowns to prevent over-activisation by the user.

Bloodlust is typically seen as a toy-tier skill, it never gets recommended by experienced players trying to help new players improve their game - but that's not a bad thing. Basing a character around a poor skill for roleplay immersion, whilst making the game a challenge again, is worthy.

VDX_360

Staff member
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a toy-tier skill, but it tends to get added as a miscellaneous add-on to a build.

Blood Lust pairs well with aggressive game play as that will keep it more active.

Blood Lust can also do well when taking on a group, as it will give a much needed boost after the first enemy falls.

The downside is that your Companion will often land a killing blow, thus preventing Blood Lust from activating.

Also, Warriors already do well against groups so they aren't hurting in the combat department.

Blood Lust can be useful but given the totality of the game, there are often more pressing needs for those precious skill points.

Gr8Scott

IMO It seems like 1 skill point is a no brainer, easy decision for a passive skill the benefits group fights. Beyond level 1 though, the expense doesn't seem worth the reward. It's such a limited skill there are other more general purpose skills where you can to invest your skill points.

Nivarian99

Will bloodlust work with an archer rogue? with rapid fire, and massive criticals and precision shots, there is a much higher chance of landing the killing blow. Would that help when battling mobs?