Progressive Rock references in New Garand

AmitKapit

Spice Trader Jethro and Alchemist Tull are named after the band Jethro Tull

Trader Pink and Armorer Floyd are named after the band Pink Floyd

Fisherman Waters, Alchemy apprentice Gilmour, Ship Captain Wright, and Sir Andrew Mason, are all named after Pink Floyd band members: Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason

Latimer, the rich person which looking for his lost son is named after Camel guitar player Andrew Latimer

Spice trader Fritha Rhayader is named after two characters from Paul Gallico's Novela "The Snow Goose", Phillip Rhayader and Fritha. This Novella is the inspiration for Camel's album "The Snow Goose". If I remember correctly, the lost medallion she's seeking has a goose engraving.

Brother Gabriel is probably named after Genesis lead vocalist from the 70s Peter Gabriel

Anything else I missed?

ArrowsFTW

Lmao I saw Pink Floyd out there but I didn't think it could go deeper. The Lore is deep with this one!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You got all the NG prog references. there is another musical reference in NG dialogues although not exactly prog, and also things in other places that probably no one will find out ever...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
LordKondemor":29wdnik5 said:
And first axes description after pink floyd's "careful with that axe, eugene"!
Had to laught... a lot :D

Of course it is... nice catch.

Warrior.Jay

Makes you keep a playlist handy. I see the names and want to hear their music!.

Waters quotes "these Muddy Waters ain't blue enough", i caught that awhile back, is that the other musical refrence in the dialoques?.... Muddy Waters, blues..