progress deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedhound

i havent played in a couple months and i open the game to find out that 4 of my characters have been deleted along with a lot of progress in other games.

i quit, i refuse to make up all that progress again.

changing my favorable review on the play store.

Elldar

From the way you word it, it sounds like an external issue, not connected to Exiled Kingdoms. Sorry for your loss of progress, though. Maybe David can do something about it. I'd ask him.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
zedhound":1msmr04m said:
i havent played in a couple months and i open the game to find out that 4 of my characters have been deleted along with a lot of progress in other games.

Have you used the folder icon next to your character's name to make sure you are opening the correct save?

And I have to agree with Elldar, all save game files are stored on your phone, and only your phone unless you make a backup and move it or email it somewhere else. The game only interacts with these files to load or save your progress... if it has rolled back, if there are characters missing, it is not something that would normally occur from within the app itself, by itself... Maybe you pocket deleted the saves... I have done similar things...

Do what you want to do regarding your review... but I would advise against it until you know the root cause of the issue. It is not fair to punish the developer for possible user or device errors...

And, no, none of us unless our name is DavidBVal work for or are employed by the developer... we all players just like you... and this is the first time, in the 3 months I have been here, ever hearing of someone have this specific issue... with over 270k downloads, you would think that more people would have posted something if this were a prevalent issue...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
zedhound":1n7ssqcu said:

The game doesn't delete your progress. The only two places in the whole code where a character is deleted are A) dying in ironman mode or B) overwriting with another character.

Possibilities:

-Maybe you accidentally restored an old backup from a previous state?
-Is your device rooted, and/or you have one of those "optimizers" that save space in your device? Have you given other apps permissions that could affect the game?
-Are you using an external tool to backup your device?

Like has been said above, the game has been played by many thousands, and no one reports this. I don't doubt it has happened to you, I'm just saying if it was the game's fault, it would happen to other people as well; there would be more messages like yours here, etc. I have no problem in admitting when I am to blame because of bugs, but this is not one of those cases.

Azog

with over 270k downloads
From where do you get this number? Would be awesome, but the PlayStore "only" shows more than 100k downloads.

Azog

Verified by David... He gets better reporting tools than we see... Of course most of those are the free version... But every download counts
Yep thats sounds awesome, not to mention when the game will arrive on iOS and PC. I'd really like to know a vague count for those who have paid, if its not too personal. Even if its only 10%, that already would be awesome!

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Azog":3sbrf75l said:
Verified by David... He gets better reporting tools than we see... Of course most of those are the free version... But every download counts
Yep thats sounds awesome, not to mention when the game will arrive on iOS and PC. I'd really like to know a vague count for those who have paid, if its not too personal. Even if its only 10%, that already would be awesome!

I will let David respond if he wishes with the exact percentage, but a game is considered doing well at a 3% conversion... with the average only being 1%

EK is higher than the 3% and lower than your 10% and my pipe dream of 20%

:p

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, EK surpassed 275K downloads. After we reach 300K I'll open a discussion about it, maybe inaugurate a blog. But locking this support thread, if anyone experiences a similar problem please open a new one or email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.