Problem I've been having with the iOS version of the game.. Any help?

awesomebro

I've been experiencing a problem where the game crashes randomly whenever I enter a new area or when I open up a previous save, The game suddenly crashes without freezing or warning, and re-opening the application only sends me to the title screen without much explanation.
Also, the game's sound and music is completely mute, despite having all the sound dials on both my phone and the in-game menus all the way up. It's been like this for the past few days; I tried restarting my phone, changing settings, trying other characters and the problem still persists (though, I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling because I'm afraid I might lose my progress and payments.. I just switched from Android to Apple, so I'm not too keen on how Apple's policies and systems work, and, frankly, I don't want to test it. Also, it should be mentioned that I am using an older iPhone, the iPhone 7, so that could maybe be the cause of most of the issues).
Thanks.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you have the iPhone and logon credentials, you should have zero chance of payment info.

Crashing while leaving areas tends to be associated with the loading of the new area, which is often a memory issue.

How's the memory for your device, both total and RAM?
How many apps are running?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You might not want to hear this, but one idea is to get and keep an old, cheap, 2nd hand Android exclusively for EK. The game is light weight enough a fairly old phone will work. One extra advantage is you get to play on 1.3 not 1.2.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I just switched from Android to Apple
If you just switched from Android, you probably played on Android latest version, which is not supported on iOS latest version, that might explain your old save files not working. In short, save files made on Android won't work on iOS, because iOS doesn't have latest EK version. :(

Not sure if the game worked for you before on iOS too. If it did, then it's probably some update. And I would certainly try to reboot my phone, it might help, if you didn't do that already

awesomebro

If you have the iPhone and logon credentials, you should have zero chance of payment info.

Crashing while leaving areas tends to be associated with the loading of the new area, which is often a memory issue.

How's the memory for your device, both total and RAM?
How many apps are running?
iPhones don't specify how much RAM they have, so I can't really confirm if the RAM is actually causing the problem, but it does make a lot of sense.. I'll be gauging how many apps I keep open from now on and see how things go from there. Thanks!
However, I am still having issues with the sound being completely mute..

Last edited: