Preparing for the dark side!

Ahijah-Akeem

I have considered playing as bad a character as possible but find I miss out on a lot of opportunities, items, quests, etc. However I'm pondering how to get advanced enough to then raise hell. Killing Laserpix makes me a criminal to Mercia so I'm going to save that mission for later... (Heh heh heh) Becoming a criminal to the wizards guild is easy enough. Does anyone know how to become a criminal to Varsilia or Ilmara?

Trace Da Cruz

You simply take town hall quests, but don't finish them, keep the items, instead, in Varsilia, rep. is lost for joining the Seventh House, and you can do the same town hall quest stunts, also should work attacking Friguld Bank's employee when you rob it.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
As Trace said, the best way to be hated in Varsilia is to activate townhall quests and not finish them (-1/quest). Works even faster in Merci (2/quest)! But it doesn't work in Ilmara :(

Ilmarans are so full of love it's impossible to make them hate you. I really tried loll. Failed townhall quests don't lower reputation up there. And even if you can lower your rep a bit with the Idol Collectionist (by releasing the shadow and letting it rampage through the city lol), it's not enough to become a bandit. Even if you raise an army of wild sabercats and Varannari cultists and lead them to attack Nivaria, Ilmarans will still forgive and love you...

If you'd like to try out bandit life, you could play the Varannari Druid, he's hated in both Mercia and Varsilia. This character is very hard to play because it's hard for him to find a place to rest. Best way is to get into the Mage Guild to be able to rest at the 4 Enclaves. But it makes it so much fun :)

Trace Da Cruz

But it doesn't work in Ilmara :(
Wait. It doesn't work?

never really tried since I love Ilmara and the all accepting, understanding, inclusive, but not patronizing Church, still there's that intern at Friguld bank, killing him should work (or at least I hope so), and you should try to hurt that mercian praetor's feelings in Jabal, I heard it cost some rep.

May Nivaria Bless My second Country.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Robbing the bank doesn't even lower your rep in Ilmara, just in Varsilia and Mercia. Oh and Friguld loll
I swear those Ilmarans have no decency lolll

Trace Da Cruz

Robbing the bank doesn't even lower your rep in Ilmara, just in Varsilia and Mercia. Oh and Friguld loll
I swear those Ilmarans have no decency lolll
I was talking about Killing the guy, it's a harsh suggestion so I tried to just imply it.

Zila says that in that case (killing the innocent man) the news would be heard in the four realms.

Ah, for Tol I'll simply try.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I was talking about Killing the guy, it's a harsh suggestion so I tried to just imply it.

Zila says that in that case (killing the innocent man) the news would be heard in the four realms.

Ah, for Tol I'll simply try.

Oh yes, Zilda says that. But it's a lie.
She's a thief, don't trust her loll
Ilmarans will still love you loll

PS: Thuramians won't care either about the bank robbery and the dead innocents. Though they will absolutely hate you if Janod sees you with Adaon in Kingsbridge! That'll work hahaha