Praying at Altar Does Not Give Mana

Kingmaker

Hi all,

I'm currently playing as a mage (just started the run, Lvl 4 now) and have noticed something very odd. Praying at the altar does not yield mana at all. I remember that happening before.

This is very puzzling. The Wiki clearly says that praying at the altar once a day gives 2xLvl mana.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something??

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well, you're not missing something, just tested it. It works for cleric but not for mages. Maybe the wiki is wrong about that part

Kingmaker

Well, you're not missing something, just tested it. It works for cleric but not for mages. Maybe the wiki is wrong about that part
Oh, I see. Thanks man, u made my day.

But I don't see why it shouldn't work for mages. Can we post this as a feedback to the developer? I really don't think mages getting mana from the altar affects the game mechanics in any way....

Feel free to share your thoughts on this...

p4ran0id

Staff member
Why should it work for mages? They are not blessed by the three. Some mages (like me) even chose the evil path and become vampire Lords and Co...

If course you can make a suggestion for that, but EK is kind of finished already, so don't expect that this change will be available anytime soon. David told already that he is hard working on Archaelund and that we should not expect any new updates or content for now. Maybe he continue with EK one day, but I guess not in next 1-2 years at least

VDX_360

Staff member
Clerics get mana from praying a class bonus.
Mages (who join the Wizard Guild) get free inns and Town Vault access at every wizard tower.

The list continues.

Kingmaker

@VDX_360 and @p4ran0id, thank you both for ur answers and really appreciate ur time.

EDIT: Also, from VDX's reply, I understand that mana gain from altar is unique to cleric class and mages have their advantages that clerics lack. So it's strongly a game mechanics thing. I take back my earlier suggestion that mana gain from altar can apply to mages too.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Yeah, for this exact game, Clerics using Altars to recover some magic is functionally a class benefit.

We --could-- skip the very long, weirdly in-depth lore argument that Wizards and Clerics get their power from the same source, but since Clerics believe it comes from deities, they can recover some by praying. Whereas mages are just too arrogant to even think something as basic as mediation would work.

Letting mages pray to recover mana might serve as an in-game support for the idea there's something fishy about The Three.

We can skip that entire debate.

It's a class benefit thing. See nice and simple.