Potential Bug: Guilds Access and Advanced Skills

Adviser

I've just noticed that after joining Cleric's guild I can take skills there. Also, pretty much the same time I can access Warriors Guild (without joining) and get Advanced skills there.

However, if I join Warriors Guild first, I'm not able to access Clerics adanved skills in Crerics guild.

Interesting behaviour.

Unknown

The warriors guild has 2 trainers for advanced skills. Anyone who did the quests can learn the Critical Strike stuff, however Duel and Heavyhand are limited to fully pledged members.

This is the same for the thieves guild. You can learn two Skills, however the other two are locked aswell as the guild trader.

feldon

Loreseeker
The missing link is a second trainer in the Clerics guild that can train nonmember skills.

My guess is this is because of the Clerics skills being predicated on mana, and Warriors/Rogues have no mana, so any non member skills would either have to be passive or a non mana required active skill, which could OP Clerics who would have access to an active skill wo mana.

Once Mages are implemented, nonmember cleric skills would make more sense as two classes could use them w mana.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, I think that David needs to program more skills. That's why some skills are "missing", they just needs to be developed.

But also, there could be that mana link, why David develops some skills sooner and some later.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This is not a bug. Don't expect things to be.. simmetric. Eventually there will be of course more cleric skills, and indeed some wizard/cleric skills will make interesting crossclass choices.

Moved to feedback.