Posting images on EK forum using image hosting websites

p4ran0id

Staff member
:D you forgot to close the bracket! "[/quote"

Screenshot_20180514-180429.png

p4ran0id

Staff member
Now you got it! :lol:

Ps: you can edit your previous post, just add the bracket ;)

p4ran0id

Staff member
Brennan Mulrennan":2f22ajid said:
I did? I thought I got wrong again, still also trying to figure out the images ...

Images works same way, just use the *img* tag instead

Here a little tutorial video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MimKG8osGquV4hqW2

Ps: I don't like the postimage addon since it only insert a thumbnail link. But you can use it if you want, the difference is, you have to click the image to get the full scale picture. I prefer the manual option like in my video

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":n36lbdn2 said:
Ps: I don't like the postimage addon since it only insert a thumbnail link.

I think that addon posts full image, not thumbnail. I think that I changed this setting. And for me, images posted looks like full image. Can you post something using addon?

Or you mean some other addon that also uses postimage?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Let's try

Manual:
Screenshot_20180514-182713.png

Addon:

Edit: OK you're right! Was it like that before? Maybe I missed something.

I take everything back I said before, the result is the same so just use the Addon

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Brennan Mulrennan":1x3bvnzu said:
I'm just quoting what the machine is quoting,

You don't need to use quoting option at all.

You also have button Post Reply
button_topic_reply.gif
Just use that button and there wouldn't be any quoting.

Or, if you need to quote something, this is just normal, regular text. Delete excessive text and leave what is important.

Brennan Mulrennan":1x3bvnzu said:
when trying to upload into the Post.image thing.

As I said, in my opinion it is best to use addon as shown on this image:

It is extremely simple, efficient and it works. The text I wrote is actually much longer explanation than it is in actual use. Please, try and see how it works.

But, now, I guess that you mean that you use site Post.image (not sure what this site is, can you please give me URL to site you're referring?). If that is so, I'm not sure what problem is, as each site can have its own ways and you need to learn them. That's why there's addon which makes everything extremely easy and practical.

If there's further problems with that post.image site, please contact support of that site. Or, just start using some other site (there's dozens of them) which works for you.

And, yes, I'd like to help you, but I don't know what actual problem is. I know that you know what you're trying to do and that doesn't work as you think it should work, but I'm really not sure what the problem is. And that's why I asked for further explanation.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":dz6d0l2o said:
Edit: OK you're right! Was it like that before? Maybe I missed something.

Well, from what I remember, at the very first moment I installed addon, I think it posted thumbnails. When I saw it, I checked settings and changed it to full image. But, full image is active setting for a long time, almost from the beginning. Maybe only for first few days addon posted thumbnails.

And yes, it is best to use addon for most users, unless they know and use some other image hosting service they are very familiar with. If not, best option is to just start using addon and don't worry, addon does great work.

The URL is: postimg.cc/files and then another for albums. p4ranOid's tutorial is well designed, but it's hard to see because it's in vertical cellphone format and I'm on a 7" landscape tablet. I like the postimage thing, but I'm still studying it, you both are well versed in this stuff, however, it's all new to me and might take awhile to figure it all out at the end of the day.