Posting images on EK forum using image hosting websites

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Brennan Mulrennan":pvdw2rrd said:
The URL is: postimg.cc/files

OK, just try to use addon. Click on Add image to post below text entering area (as seen on image in first post) and you'll see how it works. It's very easy. And, incidentally, it is same site addon uses.

Alan...tried posting images tonight but only an image icon is showing below the text I wrote. When I checked a couple of other topics that I had successfully posted images before, it's not showing the picture image anymore, but only the image icon. Why do you think this is happening? Could it be poor signal connectivity on my end?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Brennan Mulrennan":34igggar said:
Why do you think this is happening? Could it be poor signal connectivity on my end?

No that's not possible. The picture can't be automatically resized because of signal connectivity.

There are 2 possibilities
1. Wrong settings, if you uploaded it manually, there is an option to use the icon mode.
2. Bug at the server (postimages) so that the server accidentally used the wrong setting/converted the picture/etc

But that has definitely nothing to do with the connection, "internet" doesn't work that way ;)

Hello again, I'm still just using the blue add-on symbol at the bottom of my text which worked before. I also went back over some previous posts where I had successfully uploaded images before, in the 'Poison River Reward (light spoiler)' topic for example I had previously posted some images but when I go back there now all it shows is a little 'image' icon. Can you check that on your end and see if the images are showing up, and thanks for checking into it. I'm still studying the problem on my end.

This above image isn't showing up on my screen, just an image icon, I've also noticed this in some other posts by other people. Edit: it's showing up now! That's me as the Green Man wielding the greataxe of 'falling stars' which helped carry me from mid to high level and purchased at a premium from the Freetown armorer on our way to freedom.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Looks fine to me. I got another idea, which device/browser do you use?

Android has an option to "optimize" the traffic, than it could be compressed at your device. But not for other users.

Here an example about options at postimages.org

Full mode (what the Addon uses)

Screenshot_20180521-202051.png

Image Icon mode:

Ps: OK, what do you mean with icon? Is it a brocken jpg icon? Than it's because of your connection, it get timeout before getting all the data

Something like that
http://rlv.zcache.com/broken_internet_i ... vr_324.jpg

broken_internet_image_icon_poster-r0a8517b32a704c618ef72685782dc663_a3uq_8byvr_324.jpg

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Brennan Mulrennan":1lrrzvr6 said:
This above image isn't showing up on my screen, just an image icon, I've also noticed this in some other posts by other people.

I see image, but there could be really numerous reasons why you don't see actual image.

First, it can be some problem with your connection of some sort (too numerous to even number all of them).

Second, it can be temporary problem with postimage.org website (it can happen).

I would test it by trying connecting through some other device (different computer, browser, or maybe try to connect with phone or tablet through different provider) which uses different connection settings or ISP. And, if I have same results, I'll try to check postimage.org website and see if it working.

And, in very rare occasions (but it can happen), postimage.org messes something up and forgets image.

This is all very interesting and I appreciate both of you looking into it. It's 3 o'clock in the morning here and I'm going to have another cup of coffee while presently studying this. My browser is 'Brave' which is based on the Chrome/Google. It could be compression, or what Alan said about the server being 'timed out.' That's what I was seeing, the little window thing followed by the word 'image.' Also it could be like Alan said something temporarily wrong with the post.image site. I went back on through the add-on and it said 'image' successfully uploaded, but no images were showing up. I'll try another image now...

Again, all that's showing up is the little window icon followed by the word 'image' in yellow color, not that big blank window image. I used to have another device, but I sold it nearly a year ago. Present device is a standard Lenovo A7 tablet, I have no way of connecting to another computer or device, but it worked before. I also checked the Brave settings and there is none that p4ranOid mentioned, but I did have something like that in my Chrome browser before, so I understand that. I think it's the sever or some present malfunction with the post.image, hopefully, just temporary; also, I'm only on pocket wifi.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Brennan Mulrennan":yl9eegr3 said:
That's what I was seeing, the little window thing followed by the word 'image.'

That seems like a connection problem. If the image can't be displayed, then it's a client side problem.

p4ran0id":j7aom2jd said:
Brennan Mulrennan":j7aom2jd said:
That's what I was seeing, the little window thing followed by the word 'image.'

That seems like a connection problem. If the image can't be displayed, then it's a client side problem.
Hey, it's strange, the Green Man image just showed up after I tapped the 'thanks'... it's showing up on my screen.