Post-Arena, Endgame Challenge Bosses

DarthTomServo

Disclaimer - this may have been suggested a 100 times already. I did search this forum for "arena" and didn't see this discussed.

Taking this update into consideration:

May 2021 Update: with the release of version 1.3, I'll focus again on Archaelund for a while. Maybe there will be an update next year, maybe the year after that; your feedback is welcome in the meantime but take this schedule into account.

Some things won't change: Please understand that the game is complete and this is "bonus" content added, so no deep changes to mechanics will be made, nor anything that can alter seriously the balance in the game will be considered, even if it is an "improvement", because an improved game can easily become much less fun. This in particular affect things like the AI or collisions, etc. The game is the way it is, new updates mean more adventures, people to talk to, monsters to kill, loot to hoard, etc.

So here it is: Any chance we could get challenge bosses in the Arena after becoming champion?

The ideas I'm going to list below focus on making this as low-effort as possible. I very much appreciate the fact that the game is done and the ecosystem of balance is not something you want to tamper with at this point. So I'm trying to think of how to do something like this with no new art, no new maps to create, no new level designs etc.

New arena challengers:
  • Rumor bosses on steroids. Scaled up to lvl 23-25 or something. One per week? Either repeatable & randomized ... >>
  • ... >> or predetermined list of 5 - 10 mega bosses. Maybe a few top-tier contenders from each of the guilds want a piece of you?

Trigger once following conditions met:
  • Arena questline is complete.
  • Black shards questline complete.

Rewards:
  • Rumor boss loot table
  • + Select, existing Unique / Limited equipment, provided it doesn't conflict with lore. (i.e. no Crown of Galade, no Broken Crown of Tol, etc). This would give players who regret selling limited gear a 2nd chance to re-obtain it without starting over. Just an added bonus thought.
Personally, I don't care about money or experience rewards at this point in the game. There's already many ways to get exp and gold endgame.

Reasoning for why I suspect this is a realistic request:
  • I'm speculating it would be easier to implement than an in-depth complex questline, no new map needed. Again, maybe no new art assets needed for this type of feature?
  • It would give end-game characters a repeatable challenge. Especially if the gear restriction remains!
Again, apologies if this beating a dead horse. I didn't see any posts where this particular idea was talked about & shut down.

Last edited:

BOSTACH

This is a genius idea
You could just have them show up with a message like rumor bosses but different description to rumor bosses but i guess depending on how type it this could make some confusion

This idea of the arena can stand if David adds the Minotaurs, Trolls or Decurion Deserter to the arena. Their drops would be the same as any normal enemy.
Trolls would drop bonegrinder, troll skin and steel mace;
The Minotaurs would drop the blesteel axes and horns;
The Decurion Deserter could drop a random piece of legion plate armor.

eungpar

I welcome this idea from my point of view that enjoy over lvl 25 farming.

But developer purpose to mainly play and end this game near lvl 20. I think orc kingdoms which haven't yet developed will be near lvl 20 contents, and maybe other new future contents, too.

Anyway, your idea is awesome imo.