possible to delete a saved game entry?

RougeRogue

On the continue game menu is it possible to delete a saved game, so it will go back to showing as empty?

AhDeh

No I don't think so, but you can overwrite a save when you start a new game..

Just curious, any specific reason you want to do that?

RougeRogue

well it's a silly reason tbh. i'd like to be able to get rid of a character ive grown bored of but not replace it with another. The empty space is more appealing visually to me, rather than being cluttered with an unwanted saved game.

Like i say it's a silly reason but thought i'd ask in case anyone knew of a way to do it.

AhDeh

That's what I thought :) We all have our quirks.

Possible to reinstall the game or do you have another character you've grown fond of?

RougeRogue

:) haha yeah

Unfortunately not really possible to reinstall. It doesnt really matter tbh, it was an idle thought i'd ask about.

I have no doubt some post on here will inspire me to try something new and the save slot will get a new use.

VDX_360

Staff member
RougeRogue":1ugthwyg said:
... it's a silly reason ....
Not at all! We all have that one Character that we'd rather delete than see. Like a stalking ex, sometimes those misbegotten characters just need to go away. :)

AhDeh

OrderOfTheStick":2lferjn1 said:
Nice to see that i'm not the only one

Edit: two easy ways for deleting a character in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10136

Ohh yeah why didn’t I thin about that, overwrite the game with Iron Man challenge then just die with that character.

Mvkush

I wonder that same thing a while ago. The only way that I figure it out to make that slot empty again, is to start a new game over the file that you want deleted in the Ironman mode and die. That will delete the file and that slot will be open an empty again. I over looked the last post saying the same thing.

RougeRogue

You guys are great! OrderOfTheStick, thanks man. My search fu is lacking, cheers for finding that thread. What an ingenious way to do it. I've never played on ironman so totally missed the mechanics of it.

Cheers everyone :D