Poison sacks

VDX_360

Staff member
Let's looks at your questions in order:
1) Are you sure you looked at the right skeleton for the Journal? There are a few. It's marked with a 6 on this map. What does your journal say?
2) Mages have the hardest time in the early / mid game. While they do eventually get very powerful, it can be frustrating for a new player.
3) It's up to you to re-start or not, but you might want to press ahead and learn. There's a lot to the game and there's going to be a lot of other places where you might snag, or make interesting choices.

And some advice: Keep an eye out on your combat log. It tells you amount and damage type your're getting. That can quickly tell you what type of elemental damage you need, and if your damage is doing anything.

For undead, the general rule is ghosts will do heavy death damage, skeletons will do minor cold damage. Not a solid rule. But if you're exploring a new area that has undead, priorities death resistance. Experimenting helps, too.

Equinox

Thanks, i didn't nearly see the full extent of deadwood. I didn't even realise that i hadn't completed that mission for a while. I've tried several starts today just to see. Cleric on hard is hard. Mages are puny but fun, i like running away and blasting. I think i prefer rogue or mage, so will probably concentrate on those. I really like the fact that you can run several games simultaneously. Things are getting much more mamagable now, phew .

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I got to Level 18 with my first character (warrior) on Normal and gave up because the game became too easy. I'm sure there were challenges ahead but the vast majority of the game had become too easy.

SO IMO get that Rogue. Beat the game on Hard. And then start your Ironman Mage run. ☠ 💀

Equinox

I've hit a snag/glitch. When i get to the tower with the key, on my first attempt I got the crystal and the door wouldn't open, checked my inventory, no key? So i reloaded and did it again having retained the key, when i get to the room, only hell hounds appear, no fire throwing monster and thus no crystal. I closed the game in despair.
I think the rogue/hard option sounds good. Really getting into the rogue fighting style now 😊 invisibility is deadly.
Post automatically merged:    

Haha. Did it again and asked the right questions this time i think. I have a tower 😁

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
LOL I get you. Our subsequent runs in this game are very different to the first. But if it's just for the $$$ there are some grinding options, South East Korne has good drops from Ursans: Plate & Hammers.

PS, on this forum we don't quote unless we really need to. If in doubt, don't quote.

Equinox

Doòoood SE Korne is a playground. Getting there was interesting as i crossed the bridge. 😆 The first couple of runs were dry then one returning from testing out some shamans without fire resistance (my first time seeing them, i managed to kill a few with multiple quicksaves, i know, cheating, 🙄) ahem as i was saying, on my return i hit paydirt for poor Griss, Chest and leggings, with a spare chest to boot. I'm wondering whether i erred when i chose shield and sword over 2handed for her skills. This game is freaking awesome. I'm finally learning to limit personal damage by using my trusty cannon fodder. 😊

Equinox

I think i boobed again. i cant find amarisa. I opened the second room of the tower before researching her whereabouts. Is this the end? There's sime dialogue about an orb that i need, but cant find any info on that. I cant remember the orbs name. I'll look at the dialogue closer then come back with an edit.
The only way to find my sister is to reconstruct the eye of tol. And to do that i need to find the forsaken. Not quite sure where that leaves me, but it looks nothing loke the walkthrough.
Post automatically merged:    

Also is there any problem with just exploring and ignoring the storyline. Ive been ignoring missions and looking around. I remembersomething about a timeframe to complete.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Sounds like your progressing nicely. There are other places you could have gone that might have resulted in less deaths, but that's part of the learning curve.

There's nothing wrong with "just exploring." That's part of the point of an open-world. And there are a few places in the game you can only find by exploring (no quest, or NPC will direct you there). In fact, when you trigger the Shards of Fate quest, you pretty plainly told to go explore the world. You risk taking on areas that are too difficult for you, like taking on the shamans above. But you know. Go forth and have fun.

Not getting into spoilers, you don't need to worry about finding Amarisa. It's a long term quest. You can find a few hints here and there, but you won't have the chance to solve the quest until after completing the shards of fate.