peaceful ending [spoiler]

amirberner

how?
I have two possibilities, one is to say "I'm just a human..." which is minus 1 point, which brings me to 8, the other option is to attack...

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm very fuzzy on the exact questions, but I think you have to know the truth about yourself in order to get the peaceful ending. You don't need to know to get help with the final boss, but that still involves a fight ????

Looking at the Wiki for the Quest.:

1. speaking politely “It will be my greatest pleasure to take part in your debate…” +1
  2. Sir Valeran is there +1
  3. show Data Pad. +2
  4. pass INT 5 check +1
  5. know that you are Muud'ari and say so “I’m as Muud’ari as you are…” +1
  6. pass PER 5 check +1
  7. prove immortality is flawed (info acquired using Pointy Tool in Medical Bay) +3
  8. "This 'creature' is tired of your games..." -1
  9. "I admit I am not sure wether they are real or not." -1
  10. "You are putting too much faith in old texts..." -1
  11. "I am a mere human being that tries to save his own people..." -1
Thus:
BEING POLITE: +1
VALERAN THERE: +1
HAVE DATA PAD: +2
HAVE 5 INT: +1
HAVE 5 PERS: +1
HAVE INFO ON CRAZY: +3

That gives 9 points... Which is enough for a PEACEFUL ENDING unless you have to give a -1 Response about saying you're only human etc... Gcause if you have to do that, than you can only get 8 points, which is not enough for a peaceful ending.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I'm very fuzzy on the exact questions, but I think you have to know the truth about yourself in order to get the peaceful ending. You don't need to know to get help with the final boss, but that still involves a fight ????

Looking at the Wiki for the Quest.:

1. speaking politely “It will be my greatest pleasure to take part in your debate…” +1
  2. Sir Valeran is there +1
  3. show Data Pad. +2
  4. pass INT 5 check +1
  5. know that you are Muud'ari and say so “I’m as Muud’ari as you are…” +1
  6. pass PER 5 check +1
  7. prove immortality is flawed (info acquired using Pointy Tool in Medical Bay) +3
  8. "This 'creature' is tired of your games..." -1
  9. "I admit I am not sure wether they are real or not." -1
  10. "You are putting too much faith in old texts..." -1
  11. "I am a mere human being that tries to save his own people..." -1
Thus:
BEING POLITE: +1
VALERAN THERE: +1
HAVE DATA PAD: +2
HAVE 5 INT: +1
HAVE 5 PERS: +1
HAVE INFO ON CRAZY: +3

That gives 9 points... Which is enough for a PEACEFUL ENDING unless you have to give a -1 Response about saying you're only human etc... Gcause if you have to do that, than you can only get 8 points, which is not enough for a peaceful ending.

No it gives you +1, but the score for happy ending is 9-10

"By achieving a score of 9-10, you also convince the Magister. This way, the Forsaken agree to part ways forever, never speaking of their ancient origins and mixing once more with humans. the wormhole remains sealed and you don't get to fight the Horror"

"know that you are Muud'ari and say so “I’m as Muud’ari as you are…” +1"

So it's possible to skip that one.

Maybe you're talking about the perfect ending to get the pendant from magistrate, therefore you need of course all 10, but for happy ending without fighting the horror 9 should be enough.

The magistrate won't activate the portal but he is not really sure.

amirberner

No it gives you +1, but the score for happy ending is 9-10

"By achieving a score of 9-10, you also convince the Magister. This way, the Forsaken agree to part ways forever, never speaking of their ancient origins and mixing once more with humans. the wormhole remains sealed and you don't get to fight the Horror"

"know that you are Muud'ari and say so “I’m as Muud’ari as you are…” +1"

So it's possible to skip that one.

Maybe you're talking about the perfect ending to get the pendant from magistrate, therefore you need of course all 10, but for happy ending without fighting the horror 9 should be enough.

The magistrate won't activate the portal but he is not really sure.

after checking it again, you can't. it's not only that you don't get the +1 for saying I'm a muudari, you also get a -1 for saying I'm a human (only two options there, say I'm a human or attack) so at the end you get to 8 and the magistrate activates the portal. oh well, next run I'll do it properly, this time had to fight the horror

usnabear

Still a little fuzzy too. I have the pointy tool, I saw that it's used in the medical bay....but I don't have the option to "receive the knowledge". I'm 5 INTEL and 5 AWAR with gear. Any ideas what I need to do other than just get the pointy tool? Could I have missed a step?

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Is the Pointy Tool in your backpack, or your bag of holding? It needs to be in your backpack (holding items are treated as not in your inventory).
2) Are you going to the correct medical bay? It should be rather difficult to go to the wrong one, but just to error on clarity. It should be the only medical bay in the upper deck. When you activate it (as if to recover, the Trait check should occur given you a dialogue option to use the Pointy Tool.

Related, did you snag the Datapack in the Level 1 library BEFORE going up the elevator? It's one of the most commonly forgotten steps.

For ref: https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ark_of_Lothasan_(Upper_Deck)