How to? Path of the deer

How to do something?

lilchris86

With my LVL 19 warrior I am now at the alter and I do have the winterwail sword in my inventory, issue is even when sword is equipped I have the choice to walk away or touch when I touch I just get hurt can't seem to get to the rest of the area to complete quest am I missing something???

VDX_360

Staff member
Did you talk to the old shaman in the dream / trees?

Is the quest being active a requirement for the gate to trigger?

lilchris86

Cause I collected the sword before I was told to I forgot after the first conversation I had to go back and talk with him again that way it would open the 3rd option to touch with sword, beat the dragon but so far that's it I wasn't a high enough LVL and didn't bring the right potions lol.
Getting ready to go back with LVL 20 warrior and hirge as a companion hirge has her specials so we shall see but thank you for your help

VDX_360

Staff member
No worries!

It sounds like a standard quest order issue. Glad it was resolved.

Knocking out the dragon is a huge step.

You don't need to take on the throne room baddies to complete the sword quest. You just need to knock out some shadows, and take a nice refreshing bath in the obviously polluted pool. Totally a normal thing to do. (Note: Please don't jump into the pool.)

lilchris86

Yeah tried luring them out one by one that doesn't happen you get em all at once gonna go back later on. Quest got completed thankfully I just showed up a lil early there hahaha

Kakost

Yeah tried luring them out one by one that doesn't happen you get em all at once gonna go back later on. Quest got completed thankfully I just showed up a lil early there hahaha
I did manage to lure them one by one thou.

I had to send Griss to the slaughter and use summons while I aggroed one of the witches, and run all the way to the entrance, exit and enter again, but I did managed to do it. So there it goes my tip on it.

Kafir

I did manage to lure them one by one thou.
#metoo
Once the dungeon is cleared of all the shadows, I set Hirge at the hall of the dragon, and tell her to wait.
Then I go to the throne room and literally advance step by step. It takes time, a lot of patience and careful watch over the crowd, but eventually one (and only one) enemy is closer to me while the rest are farther. That is the moment when I get 1 or 2 steps closer to trigger his/her reaction. Then I bravely (but also slowly) retreat to the safety of Hirge, then we kill the enemy.
Rinse and repeat. I mean, including the pets (tiger and golem iirc)
Some may think it is tedious, but I love the thrill of the lurking. Besides, I can only handle Blafarne if she is absolutely alone.

Last edited:

Kafir

Next time I will try that.
Turn undead worked ok for me in castle Storme, but I forgot about it in the Undergrove.
Sounds so simple that I feel ashamed for not realising that.
Edit: On top of that, I tend to raise INT rather early in the game, so the requirement to use the scroll is no problem.

Last edited: