Path of the deer

Equinox

The Nightmare dragon doesn't appear. I thought it was because I didn't have winter wail, but I remedied that by a save point. My journal says that I must dip the sword in the black pit in the witches cove.ive cleared and rebooted 3 times now. Have the wolf heart and wailing in frustration.

Wrenn

Winter wail should be upgraded to forest lament if your log says dip in pool of nightmares

Equinox

How do I upgrade it? I thought that that happened in the undergrove, beyond the bridge I can't open, because the dragon doesn't appear.

Wrenn

Laughing deer morphs winter wail to forest lament, then dip it, back in spirit forest it morphs yet again. Luck

Equinox

I don't get any dialogue options with laughing deer anymore, how do I get him to morph it? To be honest I think it's a bug, as I'm not getting any staff assistance, I've had to restart, the 6th key also didn't appear in this game and I didn't notice until I was way past a near save point. A rogue without the bloodied scarf is not on.

Wrenn

Sounds like bugs in spirit forest. Im sure its foerst lament must be dipped. Better luck next run.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I don't get any dialogue options with laughing deer anymore, how do I get him to morph it? To be honest I think it's a bug, as I'm not getting any staff assistance, I've had to restart, the 6th key also didn't appear in this game and I didn't notice until I was way past a near save point. A rogue without the bloodied scarf is not on.
can you make a Screenshot of your reputation with Varannari and when you stand next to him if a dialogue option appears or what he says?

Equinox

Laughing deer revealed the sword belonged to his brother, I must now dip it in the black pool in the witches cove.
My rep is 29.
Laughing deer doesn't seem to have moved since his last visit.

p4ran0id

Staff member
lol, then you have to finish the quest first... @Equinox

That's not a bug at all.

go to the area where you solved the heart quest, there is a hidden room with an altar, put the sword on altar, it will unlock the needed area, talk to him again after this

Equinox

As stated previously, I did that and nothing happened. There's supposed to be a dragon which appears there, no show and the alter does zip. I've tried on three occasions before i did this query and twice since. I'll try sleeping and try again before ditching that character. I'm already on level 9 in my new run-through as a mage.
Post automatically merged:    

OK I tried again, no luck, I took some screenshots but don't know how to upload them basically they say what I wrote above. I hit the statue the altar stand in the acid waving my sword like a banshee, nothing.

Last edited: