Path of the Deer for evil characters?

0rion79

(WARNING - this thread may contain minor spoiler)

Hi, just wanted to know if there is any way to kill and loot the liches inside the secret chamber that may be unlocked through the above mentioned quest.

I am trying with my only evil-like character, who always sided with the Mercians, moving as an opportunist and selfish character, not as a crazy brute murderer.
Therefore i have started with a -3 reputation.

I have completed the part of the demonic worgs and now i may attempt the 2 alternative options to help the Mercian legion stuck in the forest. {I think I'll bring the wolf pelts since killing the V. Boss leads to horrible drops only}.

So it is out of discussion to get anything from starshadow and sleeping deer. Just wanted to get your confirmation that with this current character i can't do anything more about this quest.

Cheers

Last edited:

KemalSFS

Translator
I suggest, approach them and run away till back rooms. Some of them will stop so you can look after 1v1 each other.

0rion79

thank you but this is not what I was asking for. In this game I have used an evil rogue helping Mercia, so I can't start the quest with Sleeping Deer and therefore I can't use the Ice longsword to open the bridge that leads to the group of Liches.

Anyway, I remember now how sad it was to play that alternative evil ending...

KemalSFS

Translator
My bad, sorry... I don't think so that you can find another way but if that will comfort, there is no extremely beautiful loot.

Molokot

You cant unlock those witches without path of deer. So when playing evil character , need at first pretend to be friends of those green guys. when you do quest you can betray them.

0rion79

You cant unlock those witches without path of deer. So when playing evil character , need at first pretend to be friends of those green guys. when you do quest you can betray them.
Hardly. Since the game demands high reputation with them, you need to complete quests in order to increase it, so you are with them or against them. There is no way of cheating.

Molokot

well you just need first to be nice to them to have 25 rep, but can later start fight with her leader and or do town quests for mercia , then you will be enemy.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
well you just need first to be nice to them to have 25 rep, but can later start fight with her leader and or do town quests for mercia , then you will be enemy.

I love this!
You're right, we can be evil and infiltrate the Varranari clan! We just need to be deceitful and manipulative, play nice with the greenies to win their trust, and then BANG! Treason!
Excellent. Excellent.
Don't ask me why, but I've always loved to play super racist characters. It's pure evil lol.