passing the game without quests

Just noob

It's been a couple days since my last thread...
I'm very glad I got it all figured out. The game is indeed classified as a hardcore RPG. And every action of the player should be considered straight from the start of the game. Even in my case, it cannot be said that the "constipation" of the character was played in vain. On the contrary, I gained invaluable experience, thanks to which I will not make such mistakes in the future.

And now, without hesitation, I started a challenge for myself, deciding to download a character exclusively in a dungeon with 1-6 lvl in the initial dungeon (Lannegard). 6-8 (Blumist), then I want to go to the dungeon located in the outskirts of New Garand, it's worth paying attention, I did not receive things with decay protection from quests, and my character is not a Cleric, lol. Further, using the wiki, I realized that there is a sharp change in the maximum level of monsters in dungeons, (9-12) (12-15). Following from this, I want to ask in what sequence to farm dungeons. By the way, there are enchanted things with additional damage against undead / orcs / creatures. Minotaurs are creatures, aren't they werewolves?

VDX_360

Staff member
You ask a few questions. And there seems to be a translation issue at play. I will try to use short sentences to make translations easier.

There is a Challenge Map Here. Some players find it useful.

I find the game easier when you avoid grinding. Clearing out dungeons tends to give better gear. And taking on enemies near your level gives more experience. You also get better gear in chests.

There are equipment attributes that give damage to certain enemies (undead, outsiders, beasts, etc).

Werewolves are not considered beasts (to the best of my knowledge). You need a silver weapon to do full damage to werewolves.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
(Minotaurs have the type "beast")
(Werewolves have the type "shapeshifter")

I like your "archeologist" challenge!
If you want, you could create a detailed challenge page, I'd add it to our Challenge Compendium! Do you limit yourself to Tolassian ruins? Undead ruins in general? Or all dungeons?

There are a ton of dungeons in EK. Tolassian ruins, orc lairs, minotaur mazes, a troll cave, bandit hideouts, dragon lairs, a sewer full of mutant horrors loll, etc. I personally like the Desecrated Ruins near Deepfrost, for mid to high levels, but it really depends on the type of items your character needs.

I would put the Undead Ruins in this order of difficulty, but keep in mind that everything depends on the character (class, build, items, resistances, etc.)

Ydaya Tomb​

Kleyou Tomb​

Nayau Tomb​

Mausoleum​

Irazur Tomb​

Azagul Tomb​

Forgotten Temple​

Desecrated Ruins​

City of the Ancients​

Post automatically merged:    

You might like the ghost build for your challenge. Check out the character "Ghost of King Tharum" from the 10 NEW CLASSES TO DOWNLOAD page.

Last edited:

Just noob

@Apocalypse
Thanks for the order of dungeon difficulties, I decided not to limit myself in the dungeon, only in quests, therefore, the skill build will be aimed only at basic skills, and I will selectively upgrade skills for a good clearing of dungeons. I uploaded your challenges, it's amazing what a lot of work was done, and where did you get all this equipment that I could not find in so many hours of playing. Maybe in time I will share my successes. And now, I have to save the world from monsters😎
Post automatically merged:    

P.S. i play alone and not use teammates

VDX_360

Staff member
Questless builds have been done before. You can reach most areas without quests. Some places are blocked off without a quest. You can even collect dozens of Black Shards without starting any quests. You just can't do anything with them.