Paralysis OP

rompzor

Paralysis is really overpowered right now. Even with half-duration, a 5 second stun in such a delicate game is far too long to be immobile.

Especially considering that paralysis effects bypass evasion (they shouldn't) and can be reapplied before the first expires (this is totally absurd), I don't feel accomplished after beating a boss that uses paralysis.

Are there plans to change these things? I honestly think putting all three changes into effect would still make paralysis extremely strong (no bypassing evasion, 5s full/2.5 half duration, no reapplication).

MisterK

For anyone stating you can just get better spirit resistance, I'm at 130 and still get paralocked, which if it gets you killed after you've spent hours trying to kill the carrion lord and finally managed it, you can imagine how happy I was. Paralysis is incredibly cheap, annoying and pure bs.

VDX_360

Staff member
A bit of necro post from three years ago, but I can see it's on-topic.

First, congrats on beating one of the toughest bosses in the game.

Second, let's address the frustration.

Yes, the Carrion Lord is a bastard of a boss. He hits hard and his paralysis is nasty. No arguments there. But, he's totally optional and he's in the Sewer of Horrors, which was added as an endgame challenge. So in context, the Carrion Lord is a totally optional challenge boss that's a bit of a challenge.

Every major build of every class has beaten the Carrion Lord on every difficulty. So it's clearly doable. It's just a challenge.

The game gives you a head's up the Carrion Lord is going to hit with paralyss as that's what his enemy type is known for, so you get a headsup before your first fight. So it's not a blind side.

You have a few options to deal with his paralysis attacks. One of the most common ones is to make your Companion as well armored as possible and just let let them be a chew toy. Works better with Griss and Hirge than Adaon. Good use of summons and buffs help, too. Circle of Restorations are nifty, too.

VDX_360

Staff member
David is getting soft in his old age.... that or he's adding something far worse than a Carrion Lord to the game.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
David is getting soft in his old age.... that or he's adding something far worse than a Carrion Lord to the game.
Indeed, the next update will include a faster leveling system, it'll nerf the most annoying enemies in the game and it'll have a new mode that's easier then casual. Seems like a lot of the things that some people have complained about are getting changed.

-Carrion Eaters and Devourers now paralyze for 6 seconds instead of 10.
Does this also include the Carrion Lord and Mutant Devourers?

VDX_360

Staff member
40 Seconds? Ha, that's nothing. I once was chain-paralyzed for hours while my Companion used healing spells and Scrolls of Restoration like crazy. It was an expensive fight... but to be fair, that was one tough Goblin.....

Dmitri

Loreseeker
For hours? Back in the day i used to get paralyzed for ages, what are you talking about boyo. 🤣 🤣

Invector

On the plus side, you granpas will be able to say "This is nothing! back in my day you were paralyzed for 40 seconds"
I found this so amusing that I actually fired up EK, clicked on the "Donate" button, clicked on the $5 treasure chest, and sent you the money. Your mistake was not having a $50 chest because I probably would have clicked on that. Thanks for the game and the chuckle!