Paralysis OP

rompzor

Paralysis is really overpowered right now. Even with half-duration, a 5 second stun in such a delicate game is far too long to be immobile.

Especially considering that paralysis effects bypass evasion (they shouldn't) and can be reapplied before the first expires (this is totally absurd), I don't feel accomplished after beating a boss that uses paralysis.

Are there plans to change these things? I honestly think putting all three changes into effect would still make paralysis extremely strong (no bypassing evasion, 5s full/2.5 half duration, no reapplication).

VDX_360

Staff member
Which spot exactly is giving you trouble? If it's the Sewers of Horrors, those nasty little bugs are SUPPOSED to be a pain to beat. They're optional too (sneak passed them with the right skills or an invisibility potion).

Comrey

Translator
VDX_360":3jh8xbja said:
Which spot exactly is giving you trouble? If it's the Sewers of Horrors, those nasty little bugs are SUPPOSED to be a pain to beat. They're optional too (sneak passed them with the right skills or an invisibility potion).

I think his point here is not the difficulty but the unfairness of a 10/5 second stun that goes through evasion and can be reapplied while the duration is still ticking. Things can be made hard without resorting to using unfair and cheesy mechanics, basically.

With that said though, I don't particularly have a problem with paralysis, just tried to explain his point the way I see it. I'm a Warrior with Battle Rage, so on the off-chance I get paralysed I can break through it as well as stay immune to it for 9 seconds - though I can totally understand his point of view if he does not have access to that skill.

VDX_360

Staff member
Stun and paralysis are issues that every build has to take into consideration. Currently ever class has an skill or item that greatly helps stun and paralysis, in addition to the having a high spirit resistance.

Those attacks are SUPPOSED to be deadly, and while I am often displeased with the revolving stun issue, there's not much of a way to make the effect have the same deadly outcome for all classed and all builds due to the diversity skills and equipment.

It's mind raking frustrating to watch your character die a slow death from re-peat stun, well slow death for warriors, rather fast death for mages :)

Tyler_Durden

While I agree that the reapplication stack is unnecessary, the challenge is something I like to prep for, ‘how’s my spirit resist? Do I have enough HP and potions to get out if I can break a stun for ten sec? Is it worth getting those darn Chitin Scales : p’.

However, to watch a hardcore character get stun locked is the worst, even worse then miss judging your hp and trying to clear a dungeon too early.

I’d agree to adjust the stun capabilities (nerf it) but increase its use to a few more enemies around the map.

Lolerescut

Well for the stun it ends fast and not that effective except at the ark as for paralysis hirge helps especially if you have the scrolls that heal you party also grissinda with the 2 handed build she can tank and stun for you as for adaon he should kill most of the paralyze based enemies before you die and a another tactic is being ranged and kill them before they reach you

rompzor

To answer the relevant questions - I have been using a rogue and have taken pains to raise my spirit resist to over 100. I've invested all the relevant skill points and I have the best spirit resist gear available and I still have gotten rolled by the devourers in the sewers two dozen times.

I know they're supposed to be hard and I accept this, but having to resort to cheesy mechanics like spamming circle restoration isn't fun or rewarding.

Sure I can just play my warrior and spec for immunity, but there are four classes for a reason. I would expect them to all be able to have access to the range of content that was so carefully created.

And for hardcore? Give me a break. There is no hardcore If I have to use invisibility potions to bypass content with premium gear and fast fingers.

tldr: nerf or riot

Charles

Are there any items that grant immunity to paralysis I'm fighting the unweakened undermother

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Go to this post and read my advice and info about your problem because with the right items the paralysis is good as it is:

Last post page 1 for info how it works.
First post page 2 for recommended gear.