Origin of orcs?

HaşmetliMert

Translator
I don't remember that I saw any information about their origin, political situation, coming to varannar (or maybe its their homeland); generally about orcs. Is there any in-game or outer info about ek orcs? Well i guess we don't have the saruman's story since there's no elves, it"s just fairytale along with santa. Happy new years btw

VDX_360

Staff member
In-game references about orcs: They sometimes raid the kingdoms, they build forts, they will use captured people as slaves for mining, they have a kingdom of their own to the SW in a part of the world that's viewable on the world map.

Fjfgjfx

I think the elves in the ek is fey I don't know where I've read it but it says that some humans from the empire continent that came into varannar breed with them and become the varannari

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
The orks were created by the Old Ones to battle the Necrontirs. Their spaceship probably crashed on planet Andor because they don't actually know how to pilot spaceships, since, well, they're idiots. Since then they've been mushrooming everywhere, slowly taking over the planet. The Muud'ari Emperor must send Space Marines quickly, or we're all doomed!

HaşmetliMert

Translator
I think the elves in the ek is fey I don't know where I've read it but it says that some humans from the empire continent that came into varannar breed with them and become the varannari
Laughing deer said the impiri became one with the meliare. Is this actually elves? I dont think the description of varannari fits with elves. Green, barbaric, uncivilized... Yes elves respect nature and live within it but they know to build and craft, and are noble. But still not sure, yeah they may be lower elves
Post automatically merged:    

The orks were created by the Old Ones to battle the Necrontirs. Their spaceship probably crashed on planet Andor because they don't actually know how to pilot spaceships, since, well, they're idiots. Since then they've been mushrooming everywhere, slowly taking over the planet. The Muud'ari Emperor must send Space Marines quickly, or we're all doomed!
I thought of a death star, just destroy this planet full of magic. Sorcerers shouldn't be existing anymore.
Post automatically merged:    

By the way @VDX_360 I just realized, are whole "city of the ancients" and "varannari being predecessors of humans" things a reference to leif erikson? Erik the red was exiled and his son contacted and even traded with native americans. Laughing deer said the impiri that were ancestors of them were fleeing from other impiris. Since erikson's discoveries were long unknown and europe actually know about america by colombus' expeditions, these events fits eith the game lore i guess.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@HaşmetliMert , David The Game Developer, has made clear statements that the world of EK is not a reference to any real world situation. One could draw a lot of similarities between EK and several real world events, but that can be said for pretty much anything. There's nothing new under the sun, so to speak.

However, since the game is published, it's totally okay to make comparisons for one's own amusement or discussion. Just be mindful not to confuse passing similarities with in-game plot points.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@HaşmetliMert , David The Game Developer, has made clear statements that the world of EK is not a reference to any real world situation. One could draw a lot of similarities between EK and several real world events, but that can be said for pretty much anything. There's nothing new under the sun, so to speak.

However, since the game is published, it's totally okay to make comparisons for one's own amusement or discussion. Just be mindful not to confuse passing similarities with in-game plot points.

I angrily disagree!
*Pushes a random kid down the stairs in a fit of rage*

David is a prophet! Noutamet is clearly Earth in the far future. Humans will become Muud'ari and conquer the galaxy. EK is not a game, but future History. Now all I need to prove my theory is to invent Reverse-Archeology, which consists of digging to uncover not past events, but future ones... It's simple really. Maybe with a time-shovel or something like that.

I believe Queen Elizabeth II is the first Muud'ari, as her longevity is clearly superhuman. My guess is that she's Lady Calenda in EK. If you ignore minor details like facial features and body shape, their resemblance is uncanny!

Oh and I'm pretty sure also that Thelume "Adaon" the Wise will travel to the past in another galaxy far far away and become Emperor of an evil Empire and build a Deadly Star, but will eventually be overthrown by a bunch of baby Ursans led by a young Muud'ari Cleric wielding a Lightning Saber from the Ark.

See? EK is real history! ;)

Edit: Hey we should start a thread of EK conspiracy theories, just like on Facebook! "Muud'ari aliens are among us!" or "Trump is secretly the demon prince Kalagru in disguise!". We'd go viral loll.

Last edited:

Van

Varannari have similarities with elves, but not absolutely. Varannari is a cross between elves, Celts and orcs from Warcraft. Varannari is a truly unique race, like the entire lore of exiled kingdoms.

Jaguara

Varannari have similarities with elves, but not absolutely. Varannari is a cross between elves, Celts and orcs from Warcraft. Varannari is a truly unique race, like the entire lore of exiled kingdoms.
The varannari they are similar to the green people of the never-ending story, which in themselves are already a reference to the North American Indians. As the old poet said: nothing is created, everything is copied, and so the magic is preserved.