Orc's Kingdoms

Trace Da Cruz

That puzzled me, too:
Hirge is Ilmaran, Adaon is Mercian, Grisennda is Varsilian, but what is strange is that way our character address to other realms, like they are from somewhere else...

Given that Amarisa lives in Icemist and she is apparently thuramian (since magic seems exclusive of them) and there's the fact that only in recent years Tremadan (he possibly belonged to the white circle) lived secluded in Jabal hills, chances are we are thuramians.

So, Solliga is accurate enough, -or we are star citizens...

Also, interesting school you attend...

Van Clayzer

That puzzled me, too:
Hirge is Ilmaran, Adaon is Mercian, Grisennda is Varsilian, but what is strange is that way our character address to other realms, like they are from somewhere else...

Given that Amarisa lives in Icemist and she is apparently thuramian (since magic seems exclusive of them) and there's the fact that only in recent years Tremadan (he possibly belonged to the white circle) lived secluded in Jabal hills, chances are we are thuramians.

So, Solliga is accurate enough, -or we are star citizens...

Also, interesting school you attend...
our line of reasoning was exactly because this thought of our sister being from thuram and Tremadan too, but after this update we saw that our character doesn't know anything or anyone from sollig

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
One fan theory is the protagonist originated from the Wyvern Mountains, which ties in with Thuriam. There's an abandoned shack in the South West corner, one with a Demonic Skull in there. The remoteness is a reason nobody recognises you, otherwise Captain Sorom (etc.) should greet you knowingly.

Van Clayzer

One fan theory is the protagonist originated from the Wyvern Mountains, which ties in with Thuriam. There's an abandoned shack in the South West corner, one with a Demonic Skull in there. The remoteness is a reason nobody recognises you, otherwise Captain Sorom (etc.) should greet you knowingly.

But that doesn't answer how he got there, I know his parents died in a war, but where did he grow up? And how did he get to this cabin? I hope david speaks out one day

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Placed with an "uncle & auntie" (no real relation) perhaps someone looking to "stash" a baby and was speaking to people in the tavern at Whitetower?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker

Wyvern Mountains!
The abandonned shack!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!
I love this idea. I'm keeping it.

"When I was Tremadan's assistant, I fell in love with his daughter, Marissa. We were supposed to go to Noutamet and live happily forever. But Tremadan betrayed us, destroyed the Varannar Deep Gate and vanished without a trace, forsaking us all to a short life of misery on planet Andor..."

"During the decades that followed, Marissa and I formed the Forsaken, and attempted to rebuild the Deep Gate in the underlevels of Icemist. Under the protection of the Queen of Thuram, we made great progress, even succeeding in opening a gate to another plane. Still, we were decades away from mastering the ritual. But the Queen was only human, so she grew old, and died. As the young princess took the throne, she outlawed magic research in the underlevels for public safety. So we abandonned our gate, and moved our operations to Deepfrost."

"We got married in Deepfrost, and Marissa got pregnant. I rebuilt the same gate we opened in Icemist's underlevels, hopeful its study would finally reveal the key ingredient Tremadan had used to direct the gate to Noutamet. I dreamed of a better future for my child, one among the stars, an eternal life among equals on our home world... And my determination was fruitful: I discovered the last key ingredient was blood from Tremadan's bloodline! My own wife was the key..."

"But tragedy struck. Something went wrong. I must have made a mistake during the ritual. A terrible mistake... There was an explosion. A sea of flame flooded the valley, burning Deepfrost down to ashes. Most of us Muud'ari survived the cataclysm, but the frail humans all perished in the fire. And the love of my life, my wife Marissa, also was lost to the fire, along with my unborn child..."

"Now we hide in Wyvern Mountains, in mourning and in shame. But we will rebuild our gate. I will reach Noutamet, even if I have to tear the whole multiverse apart!"

- The Magister

"He went mad, obsessed with his endless research. My father never betrayed us. He saved us. He saved Varannar from the Horrors. My husband never understood, never accepted that going to Noutamet meant sacrificing what little remained of this world to the Horrors... So I gave him pig's blood, instead of my own, and I fled Deepfrost. I would never allow him to get my blood, nor our child's blood."

"As I was fleeing in the vast Wyvern Mountains, a human hermit found me, saved me from the harsh winter, and took me to his shelter until I gave birth to the twins."

"Yes, twins. Two. I couldn't risk them both being caught by my husband. So I departed with my baby girl Amarissa, and left her twin with the human at the shelter. I must never look back. I must be strong. It's for the best..."

- Archmage Marissa

Oh great Creator, almighty @DavidBVal, may you bestow your holy knowledge of the world on our lowly mortal flesh. On the heresy scale, how does my story fare? How far am I from the truth? Will I get burned at the stake for it, or rewarded with your eternal love?

Last edited:

Van Clayzer

Wyvern Mountains!
The abandonned shack!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!
I love this idea. I'm keeping it.

"When I was Tremadan's assistant, I fell in love with his daughter, Marissa. We were supposed to go to Noutamet and live happily forever. But Tremadan betrayed us, destroyed the Varannar Deep Gate and vanished without a trace, forsaking us all to a short life of misery on planet Andor..."

"During the decades that followed, Marissa and I formed the Forsaken, and attempted to rebuild the Deep Gate in the underlevels of Icemist. Under the protection of the Queen of Thuram, we made great progress, even succeeding in opening a gate to another plane. Still, we were decades away from mastering the ritual. But the Queen was only human, so she grew old, and died. As the young princess took the throne, she outlawed magic research in the underlevels for public safety. So we abandonned our gate, and moved our operations to Deepfrost."

"We got married in Deepfrost, and Marissa got pregnant. I rebuilt the same gate we opened in Icemist's underlevels, hopeful its study would finally reveal the key ingredient Tremadan had used to direct the gate to Noutamet. I dreamed of a better future for my child, one among the stars, an eternal life among equals on our home world... And my determination was fruitful: I discovered the last key ingredient was blood from Tremadan's bloodline! My own wife was the key..."

"But tragedy struck. Something went wrong. I must have made a mistake during the ritual. A terrible mistake... There was an explosion. A sea of flame flooded the valley, burning Deepfrost down to ashes. Most of us Muud'ari survived the cataclysm, but the frail humans all perished in the fire. And the love of my life, my wife Marissa, also was lost to the fire, along with my unborn child..."

"Now we hide in Wyvern Mountains, in mourning and in shame. But we will rebuild our gate. I will reach Noutamet, even if I have to tear the whole multiverse apart!"

- The Magister

"He went mad, obsessed with his endless research. My father never betrayed us. He saved us. He saved Varannar from the Horrors. My husband never understood, never accepted that going to Noutamet meant sacrificing what little remained of this world to the Horrors... So I gave him pig's blood, instead of my own, and I fled Deepfrost. I would never allow him to get my blood, nor our child's blood."

"As I was fleeing in the vast Wyvern Mountains, a human hermit found me, saved me from the harsh winter, and took me to his shelter until I gave birth to the twins."

"Yes, twins. Two. I couldn't risk them both being caught by my husband. So I departed with my baby girl Amarissa, and left her twin with the human at the shelter. I must never look back. I must be strong. It's for the best..."

- Archmage Marissa
man i really love this story i hope david adds this to the game it's just amazing you got a lot of creativity for it