Orbs of Shadows

feldon

Loreseeker
ArrowsFTW":1pjil5dv said:
Is it worth keeping it or it has no purpose?

Currently no purpose aside from finishing the quest. David made this comment though:

'Mad wizard: the orb will be a nice focus for crafting, nothing essential, but good, so if you pay the 10K and retrieve the orb you can then keep it. '

I have never kept it, but plan on doing so on my "Perfect Run" once crafting is developed.

Dragonborn

feldon":3emhgwss said:
ArrowsFTW":3emhgwss said:
Is it worth keeping it or it has no purpose?

Currently no purpose aside from finishing the quest. David made this comment though:

'Mad wizard: the orb will be a nice focus for crafting, nothing essential, but good, so if you pay the 10K and retrieve the orb you can then keep it. '

I have never kept it, but plan on doing so on my "Perfect Run" once crafting is developed.

Maybe you can find him once the wizard guild opens up and either a quest or buying it off of him would work well, and buy it off of him.

feldon

Loreseeker
Given that the reward for returning the orb is only experience and 10k isn't that big of a burden, I believe the best course to take in this quest is to kill the beast in Butters' storage so you get the orb, then pay the 10k.

ArrowsFTW

Thanks for the info! Ended up paying the mage 10k and kept the orb for future references.