Optimized mage build

webnetita

Good morning everyone, since there are still no magician builds described on the website, I would like to have your opinion on what are the strongest builds of the magician. In particular I would ask you to structure the builds as follows (considering a 20 level mage):

Traits:
Power:
Endurance:
Agility:
Intellect:
Awareness:
Personality:

Skill or advanced skills:
n.1 skill name: lvl n.1 skill
...: ...

Equipment:
Back:
Belt:
Body:
Feet:
Hands:
Head:
Legs:
Neck:
Ring:
Shield:

Thanks in advance to those who will contribute to the discussion.

Kmart

have no clear idea since mage skills don't scale well every level it has fix damage only lightning bolt is the skill that increases damage every level plus the fact that int only increases mana pool but don't contribute in damage. i find it hard to kill trolls even dekurion sargos with my level 18 mage.

Rednick90

Agility boosts wand and staff damage every point, awarness does every 2 points, pluss the damage bonuses from staff and wand skills. Trolls stopped giving me trouble at lvl9

Onimixam

Kmart":21ecrtyk said:
have no clear idea since mage skills don't scale well every level it has fix damage only lightning bolt is the skill that increases damage every level plus the fact that int only increases mana pool but don't contribute in damage. i find it hard to kill trolls even dekurion sargos with my level 18 mage.

Int increases staff damage when you upgrade Staff Mastery. There are staves that deal pure fire damage. These staves work great for killing trolls. Use Griss or Herge as a tank and blast them with your staff. You could also max out Fire Mastery and use the fire elemental for added damage. Any enemy falls easily with the mage when you take time to properly prepare.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
With mage, things can be extremely hard or extremely easy depending on your gear and skill choices. At least that's what I tried the class to be.

VDX_360

Staff member
I wonder how many times a player re-specs? The mage class seems a likely candiate for players re-setting skills per area type.

Shehriazad

I'm gonna be honest...I disregard most spells right now.

Wander/Staff attacker seems to be a nice route to go with lots of strong options to pick from...even non Arcane ones' or low-tier Arcanes that don't even make it necessary to spec into Arcane stuff at all.

Disintegrate is also gonna be marvellous for getting rid of strong enemies if you have the mana for it.

Finally...Wander can cheese pretty much every enemy in the game that isn't "wolf speed" fast. The max pushback of 2 meters allows for weaker melee foes to die before they even reach you and stronger ones' can be baited into fail-attacking or get double pushed with the mage armor upgrade.

QuickBen

Here is my level 20 mage. I love the class, but it is tough. I've never reset traits or skills and doubt my build is anywhere close to optimal. I found it tough going at the early levels where the short supply of mana meant a very limited use my spells. Now I have collected 10 shards and I handle most mobs well, and bosses when properly prepared. However, Hags for some reason are litterally killing me which has thus far made exploring one particular dungeon impossible.

Armor 25
DPS 22,9
Health 223
Mana 308

Traits
Power: 0
Endurance: 4
Agility: 6 (7)
Intellect: 5 (6)
Awareness: 3
Personality: 3

Skills
Lighning Bolt 4
Fireball 1
Mage Armor 4
Wand Mastery 4
Mana Surge 2
Disintegrate 3
Mage Barrier 2
Arcanist 2

Arthurii

Translator
I haven't played mage that far, but I believe that elemental staff + high int + full staff mastery + some agility and awareness + arcanist + staff of the arcanist + disintegrate can beat probably any boss.
So the stats should be something like 0/2/5/7/2/4 and there you have +20 damage for staffs, which can deal some damage even to bosses with high armor. And I don't count any equipment yet.
I was playing mage up to level 14 on test build and I got 0/3+1/3/5+1/2/3+1 and 3 unused points, had +16 staff damage and 25 dps with arcanist staff, built disintegrate 3, gate 2, arcanist 1, mana surge 2, staff mastery 4, fireball 2, lightning bolt 2. That was killing everything in my way. The most troublesome question is to build my tank that way I can shoot enemies from his back long enough to kill them.